On-site clinics administer a pre-defined set of primary care services to contracted organizations. They agree to be accountable for the quality, appropriateness, and cost of this care for the members of these organizations and their dependents. As such, they face a broad assortment of health care challenges, from managing the preventive care needs of their low-risk patients to providing referral guidance for their chronically ill patients.
While these on-site clinics are asked to improve on their population’s overall health, it is impractical for them to continuously manage every patient. Healthcare analytics are required to support these providers with the information they need to assess and stratify their patients. Armed with this information, they will be better able to manage their patients’ health, properly integrate with other healthcare providers, drive better health outcomes, and decrease overall healthcare costs for not only their patients but their contracted organizations.
Apply emerging mathematical modeling techniques for multi-criteria ranking and assess the effectiveness of the ranking method in its ability to assist in healthcare decision making. Key analytical requirements include the ability to measure a population’s overall health as well as the relative health of the patients within that population.
The methodology centers on the use of a pairwise, comparison matrix to produce a unique characteristic root that is reflective of each alternative’s relative rating.
While the initial application of this methodology is in healthcare, it has the potential for much broader impact. Any problem involving the evaluation of decision alternatives over multiple criteria is a candidate for this approach. Significant strengths include scalability (e.g., number of criteria, population size), discrimination power, non-weighted and non-linear approach, and ability to work with missing data.
- Supporting Communities of Practice to Improve Healthcare Delivery
- Smart Infusion Pump Alert Threshold Decision Support
- System Impact Measures
- Drug Limit Library Database and Research
- Drug Limit Library Update Process
- Nursing Attitudes and Perceived Causes of IV Pump Workarounds
- Rating Healthcare
- Optimizing Ambulance Positioning to Reduce Response Time
- Clinical Analytics to Support Accountable Care Delivery
- Population Health Management Modeling to Support Accountable Care Delivery
- Transitions in Care Pilot: Evaluate the Impact of Electronic Communications
- Wellness Coaching Impact on Employee Health Outcomes
- Bundled Payments
- Improving Primary Care Delivery through Allocation of Resources
- Patient Sexual Orientation Disclosure to Medical Providers
- Communities and Universities Addressing Health Disparities (CUAHD)
- Gestonurse: A Robotic Surgical Nurse for Handling Surgical Instruments in the Operating Room
- See-What-I-Do: Increasing Mentor and Trainee Sense of Co-Presence in Trauma Surgeries with the STAR Platform
- Hospital Readmissions
- All-Cause Unplanned and Preventable Readmissions Reduction
- Readmissions: Hospital 30-Day Non-Index Readmission Risk Measure and Analysis