Improving Primary Care Delivery through Allocation of Resources
The delivery of high quality patient-centered care (PCC) is essential for improving the health of Americans and for containing the costs of medical care. The quality of PCC delivered in a healthcare system is difficult to measure, which limits the healthcare system’s ability to provide and improve their delivery of PCC. A critical barrier to providing patient-centered care is the potential disconnect between patients’ evidence-based needs and personal preferences. This study seeks to improve healthcare by improving the measurement of PCC, and understanding its enablers and benefits.
- To identify gaps in patient and physician perceptions of needs, wants, and the primary care that is delivered; and
- To identify the sources and consequences of these gaps.
Retrospective chart reviews will help identify relevant health outcomes of the patients in the cohort. This data on health outcomes will serve as initial evidence of the relationship between various measures of patient-centeredness and health outcomes.
This project will contribute to measurement methods for patient centeredness by developing a method that accounts for multiple dimensions as well as resource restrictions. It will impact patients when the findings are disseminated in resident training programs to help physicians learn about meeting and managing patient perceptions and expectations.
- Supporting Communities of Practice to Improve Healthcare Delivery
- Smart Infusion Pump Alert Threshold Decision Support
- System Impact Measures
- Drug Limit Library Database and Research
- Drug Limit Library Update Process
- Nursing Attitudes and Perceived Causes of IV Pump Workarounds
- Rating Healthcare
- Optimizing Ambulance Positioning to Reduce Response Time
- Clinical Analytics to Support Accountable Care Delivery
- Population Health Management Modeling to Support Accountable Care Delivery
- Transitions in Care Pilot: Evaluate the Impact of Electronic Communications
- Wellness Coaching Impact on Employee Health Outcomes
- Bundled Payments
- Improving Primary Care Delivery through Allocation of Resources
- Patient Sexual Orientation Disclosure to Medical Providers
- Communities and Universities Addressing Health Disparities (CUAHD)
- Gestonurse: A Robotic Surgical Nurse for Handling Surgical Instruments in the Operating Room
- See-What-I-Do: Increasing Mentor and Trainee Sense of Co-Presence in Trauma Surgeries with the STAR Platform
- Hospital Readmissions
- All-Cause Unplanned and Preventable Readmissions Reduction
- Readmissions: Hospital 30-Day Non-Index Readmission Risk Measure and Analysis