Gestonurse: A Robotic Surgical Nurse for Handling Surgical Instruments in the Operating Room
While surgeon–scrub nurse collaboration provides a fast, straightforward method of delivering surgical instruments to the surgeon, it often results in mistakes. These errors can have a negative impact on the outcome. These errors could potentially be reduced by introducing robotics into the operating room.
Develop a robotic scrub nurse capable of handling and passing surgical instruments with accuracy.
Gestonurse uses real-time hand tracking and recognition based on ﬁngertip detection and gesture inference. It provides the following features: (a) ease of use, (b) natural interaction, (c) an unencumbered interface, and (d) reliability. The robot can pick instruments when they are as close as 25 mm apart.
A robotic scrub nurse has the potential to reduce errors in the OR by automating the passing of surgical instruments which allows personnel to focus on more complicated tasks such as maintaining a sterile environment, preparing required surgical supplies and monitoring the state of the patient. These failures can lead to wastage of resources, procedural errors, delays, distraction and inefficiency.
- Supporting Communities of Practice to Improve Healthcare Delivery
- Smart Infusion Pump Alert Threshold Decision Support
- System Impact Measures
- Drug Limit Library Database and Research
- Drug Limit Library Update Process
- Nursing Attitudes and Perceived Causes of IV Pump Workarounds
- Rating Healthcare
- Optimizing Ambulance Positioning to Reduce Response Time
- Clinical Analytics to Support Accountable Care Delivery
- Population Health Management Modeling to Support Accountable Care Delivery
- Transitions in Care Pilot: Evaluate the Impact of Electronic Communications
- Wellness Coaching Impact on Employee Health Outcomes
- Bundled Payments
- Improving Primary Care Delivery through Allocation of Resources
- Patient Sexual Orientation Disclosure to Medical Providers
- Communities and Universities Addressing Health Disparities (CUAHD)
- Gestonurse: A Robotic Surgical Nurse for Handling Surgical Instruments in the Operating Room
- See-What-I-Do: Increasing Mentor and Trainee Sense of Co-Presence in Trauma Surgeries with the STAR Platform
- Hospital Readmissions
- All-Cause Unplanned and Preventable Readmissions Reduction
- Readmissions: Hospital 30-Day Non-Index Readmission Risk Measure and Analysis