Drug Limit Library Database and Research
The infusion drug alert data and knowledge sharing within this Infusion Pump community of practice, along with the various reporting tools on the system, provide clinicians with in-depth information on medication infusions and their alerts. Many Infusion Pump Informatics System users, researchers, and organizations see the value in creating a database of drug limit libraries (DLLs) in addition to the alert database already in place.
This project consists of two phases. Phase I aims to construct a DLL database of IPI System users’ drug limits. Phase II aims to utilize such a database to understand the settings of drug limits and other relevant questions.
Questions of interest include:
- Which drugs are reviewed the most?
- Is there a convergence in drug limits for the community?
- Do those who access the database make more changes?
- Do those who access the database have more of a decrease in the number of alerts/device?
The construction of the DLL database will utilize database programming and visualization technologies and be based on HUBzero. Statistics, time series analysis, pattern mining and machine learning techniques will be applied to study drug limits across hospitals, care units, drug types, etc.
A searchable drug limit library database will allow clinicians and researchers to quickly find the limits hospitals set for a particular drug, compare how drug limits differ from one hospital or care unit to another, and how the limits evolved over time. The DLL database can also serve as the basis for what may become a commercial-grade product and be used as a model for other similar applications. The analysis of drug limits across hospitals, care units, and drug types will enable the researchers to study the characteristics of various drug limits, how the IPI community’s knowledge diffuses, and what its potential impact on clinical practice may be over time.
- Supporting Communities of Practice to Improve Healthcare Delivery
- Smart Infusion Pump Alert Threshold Decision Support
- System Impact Measures
- Drug Limit Library Database and Research
- Drug Limit Library Update Process
- Nursing Attitudes and Perceived Causes of IV Pump Workarounds
- Rating Healthcare
- Optimizing Ambulance Positioning to Reduce Response Time
- Clinical Analytics to Support Accountable Care Delivery
- Population Health Management Modeling to Support Accountable Care Delivery
- Transitions in Care Pilot: Evaluate the Impact of Electronic Communications
- Wellness Coaching Impact on Employee Health Outcomes
- Bundled Payments
- Improving Primary Care Delivery through Allocation of Resources
- Patient Sexual Orientation Disclosure to Medical Providers
- Communities and Universities Addressing Health Disparities (CUAHD)
- Gestonurse: A Robotic Surgical Nurse for Handling Surgical Instruments in the Operating Room
- See-What-I-Do: Increasing Mentor and Trainee Sense of Co-Presence in Trauma Surgeries with the STAR Platform
- Hospital Readmissions
- All-Cause Unplanned and Preventable Readmissions Reduction
- Readmissions: Hospital 30-Day Non-Index Readmission Risk Measure and Analysis