Institute of Medicine president will be keynote speaker at Regenstrief Center conference
May 5, 2009
The Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering is pleased to welcome seven regional and national speakers to its spring solutions conference.
"Solutions in Healthcare: National Priorities and Goals” will feature speakers from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, American College of Physicians, American Hospital Association, and the National Science Foundation. The keynote speaker is Harvey Fineberg, the president of the Institute of Medicine. Other speakers include:
- Michael S. Barr, MD, MBA, FACP, Vice President, Practice Advocacy and Improvement, American College of Physicians
- Virginia A. Caine, MD, Marion County Health Director
- Cerry Klein, Program Director, National Science Foundation
- Steven R. Mayfield, Dr.H.A., MBA, Senior Vice President, Director, American Hospital Association Quality Center
- David Meyer, Director of the Center for Primary Care, Prevention, and Clinical Partners, Agency for Health Research and Quality
The conference is on April 16, from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at the Burton Morgan Center in Purdue’s Discovery Park, and includes a networking reception at the end of the day. The conference is free but participants are asked to register.
- Mary Schultz
April 15, 2013
Information collected from individual patients at doctor's office and hospital visits could be used to improve health care and reduce costs on a national scale, according to a discussion paper released by the Institute of Medicine. As health careRead Full Story
March 1, 2013
Purdue University's Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering is partnering with OurHealth, a leading provider of onsite health management services for employers, on a research project to assess the viability of an innovative decision-support tooRead Full Story