RESEARCH PROGRAMS UNDERWAY
- Detection of in vivo phophorylation using surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS). Irudayaraj and Parker (Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology)
- In vivo detection of double DNA breaks in living cells. Irudayaraj and Lelievre (BMS)
- Reverse Electrokinetic Pattering in biology: Motility studies, Chorum sensing, and cell sorting. Steve Worley (ME) and Irudayaraj.
- Epigenetics Research
- In vivo epigenetics tools development. Irudayaraj, Kirchmaier (BCHM), Lossie (Animal Sciences).
- Single molecule tools for examining histone modifications in living cells. Kirchmaier (Biochemistry) and Irudayaraj.
- Quantification of epigenetic modifications in 3D tissue culture models. Lelievre (BMS) and Irudayaraj
- In vivo detection mRNA and microRNA in single cells and tissues by plasmon imaging. Irudayaraj, Badve (Clarion IU School of Medicine) and Kirchmaier (BCMH)
- Indo-US Center for Cellular Engineering for biomedical research. Irudayaraj and Rao, CCMB (Hyderabad, India) [Dr. Irudayaraj and Rao are Co-directors]
- Bioremediation: Mapping chromate/Arsenate reduction sites in single bacterium by SERS. Irudayaraj, Nakatsu (AGRY), and Thompson (Biological Sciences, University of Tennessee)
- Detection of rare splice variants in plants using Confocal Raman Spectroscopy. Irudayaraj and Schulz (HLA)
- Pathogen detection spectroscopic biosensors. Irudayaraj and Mauer (Food Science)
- Development of a hyperspectral plasmon scanning workstation. Irudayaraj
- Major research instrumentation for the development of high speed Raman instrumentation. Ben-Amotz (Chemistry) and Irudayaraj.
- Probe-based single molecule fluorescence correlation spectroscopy. Maiti (TIFR, India) and Irudayaraj
- Major research instrumentation for the acquisition of multiphoton laser for ultrafast dynamics. Lucht (Mechanical Engineering), Irudayaraj, and 3 other Co-PIs.
- Development of a label-free single molecule platform for imaging structures in single cells. Irudayaraj.
- Indo-US Center for Cellular Engineering for biomedical research. Irudayaraj and Rao, CCMB (Hyderabad, India)
- Tumor ablation enhanced by nanorods using radio frequency. Irudayaraj and Ganesh (MG Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai, India)
- Korean Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) on Nanomedicine
*[MCMP: Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology; BCHM: Biochemistry; BMS: Basic Medical Chemistry; HLA: Horticulture and Landscape Architecture; ME: Mechanical Engineering; AGRY: Agronomy; TIFR: Tata Institute of Fundamental Sciences; CCMB: Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology]