Purdue Military Research Initiative (PMRI)
- Begins in the Fall of 2014
- No-cost to the Services/Service member graduate program
- Cadet/Midshipmen Introduction to Research Program for Academy and Purdue ROTC cadets using Purdue’s established summer programs.
- Faculty Exchange Program
No-Cost Graduate Program
- The program offers no-cost graduate educations (does not include books) for up to 10 active duty officers annually across the Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force (30 total over 3 years).
- Officers must attend in-residence programs and be returning to active duty upon degree completion.
- The focus is for PhD candidates, but MS applications will be considered. Selected officers will be matched with a Purdue faculty member as a research advisor and mentor, and funding will be provided as follows: for PhD candidates, funding for up to 3 years and MS candidates up to 2 years (note, the Services may further restrict these timelines).
- Where possible, officers will be admitted into existing DoD research programs, but we will consider specific service needs and requirements into any Purdue graduate school where we have faculty support (please note we cannot currently accommodate fee free entry into Purdue’s professional graduate degrees or the Krannert MBA programs).
Cadet/Midshipmen Introduction to Research Program
- Using Purdue’s established Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURF), bring academy and Purdue cadets/midshipmen for a shortened program that introduces them to the Purdue graduate school and on-going Purdue research. Students will have a faculty mentor and participate in hands-on research during their stay.
Faculty Exchange Program
Program aimed at increasing our understanding of each other’s roles and responsibilities, strengthen our partnership, and facilitate building trust and commitment.
GET STARTED NOW!
Apply to Purdue’s Graduate School, West Lafayette campus: https://www.purdue.edu/gradschool/admissions/how/index.cfm
View a list of graduate majors: https://www.purdue.edu/gradschool/prospective/majors.cfm
Founded in 1869 as a land-grant university, Purdue is a world renowned research university with some 39,000 total students and 3,000 faculty. Located in West Lafayette, Indiana about one hour north of Indianapolis and 2 hours south of Chicago, Purdue is known both nationally and internationally for its premier engineering programs with high rankings, top faculty, amazing facilities and famous alumni! Purdue routinely scores high in accredited national and world university rankings for many of their other distinguished academic programs. Purdue is comprised of 12 schools and colleges, and offers over 70 graduate programs at the West Lafayette campus. Equally important, Purdue is a military friendly school with over 500 student veterans on campus and is also home to thriving Reserve Officer Training Corps programs.
J. Eric Dietz, PhD, PE
Director, Purdue Homeland Security Institute
Professor of Computer and Information Technology
Mann Hall, Room 166
203 S. Martin Jischke Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1971
Director, Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship
Professor of Chemical Engineering
1201 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2057
Fax: (765) 494-9781
Homeland Security Courses
Want to study homeland security and emergency management? Enrollment is now open for Fall 2013:
- Foundations in Homeland Security
- Large Event Management & Planning for Homeland Security (Maymester)
- Managing Resources and Applications for Homeland Security
- Learning opportunities page
No current events were found.
- Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center
- Department of Homeland Security
- Indiana Department of Education
- Indiana Department of Homeland Security
- Indiana National Guard
- Indiana State Department of Health
- Indiana State Police
- Purdue Global Poilicy Research Institute
Purdue Homeland Security Institute
203 South Martin Jischke Dr., Rm. 166
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1971
- Phone: 765-494-9793