2010 Undergraduate Interns Deliver Final Presentations
August 3, 2010
The NEXTRANS Center's 2010 Undergraduate Summer Interns delivered their final presentations on Friday, July 23, 2010 at Purdue University’s Discovery Park. This event was an opportunity for interns to showcase their research accomplishments to faculty, staff, graduate mentors, and other undergraduate students from the Center’s major partner universities.
The Undergraduate Internship in Transportation provides six competitively-selected undergraduate students with the opportunity to complete a ten-week program of transportation research and activities at Purdue University, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and The Ohio State University.
This year’s program attracted students from Pennsylvania State University, the Missouri University of Science and Technology, and Villanova University, as well as the Center’s major partner institutions. Interns participated in hands-on research involving a broad range of transportation modes and topics. They were challenged to learn basic modeling techniques, develop surveys, participate in the collection of field data, and utilize a variety of innovative technologies. Collectively, their research aimed to:
- Evaluate the likelihood of commuters to switch routes based on real-time traffic information.
- Determine the comfort level of bicyclists when sharing the roadway with passenger vehicles.
- Increase the efficiency of railroad track inspection using advanced machine vision technology.
- Conduct research on public-private partnerships (PPPIs).
- Investigate a potential relationship between increasing gas prices and transit ridership.
- Analyze bus headways using advanced vehicle location (AVL) data.
August 1, 2013
The NEXTRANS Center's 2013 undergraduate summer interns delivered their final presentations on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at the Purdue Research Park.Read Full Story
April 30, 2013
On April 22, a group of faculty and students from Martin University (NEXTRANS Center partner institution) visited the NEXTRANS Center at Purdue and Discovery Park.Read Full Story