Winners from UNN's InnoBusiness Competition Participate in Training at Purdue University
December 16, 2013
In September 21-27, 2013 winners from the Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod's InnoBusiness competition participated in business training at Purdue University. Over the course of the week, guests from Nizhny Novgorod worked with Purdue faculty Mike Cassidy and Chris McEvoy to develop their respective technology pitch. On the final day of their visit, the young innovators presented their pitches before the Purdue entrepreneur community.
The delegation included:
- Alexander Bedny - Head of International Affairs Administration; Head of Center for Student Innovation Entrepreneurship
- Dmitry Kolesnikov - Specialist from the Department of International Relations
- Mikhail Gorshenin - a 5th year student in the Department of Physics (chitosan-based block copolymers)
- Alexander Nyuchev - a 3rd year PhD student in the Department of Chemistry (new generation anti-cancer drugs)
- Sergey Matveev - a 1st year PhD student in the Department of Physics (light emitting silicone-based diode on SiGe:Er beds)
- Danil Zorin - a 3rd year PhD student in the Department of Radiophysics (development of industrial robots based on the algorithms of pathfinding and tracking)
- Alexander Kazarin - a 2nd year PhD student in the Department of Chemistry (new type of solar batteries)
During the visit, the delegation met with innovation and entrepreneurship development program leaders at Purdue University's Burton Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship, the Discovery Park Center for Bioscience and Nanotechnology Center, and the Purdue University Science Park.
The UNN scientists also met with Purdue University colleagues engaged in similar research topics. These meetings provided an opportunity to discuss relevant research areas, and future collaboration between the scientists.
April 22, 2015
A Purdue University research center is planning its second annual Record the Earth activity for Earth Day on Wednesday (April 22) to capture natural sound recordings and upload them for preservation.Read Full Story
April 10, 2015
Atlas Energy Systems LLC, a Purdue University startup, is one of five finalists in the student track of the 2015 Clean Energy Challenge, a nationally recognized accelerator program for clean energy innovation, run by Chicago-based nonprofit Clean Energy Trust and sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy.Read Full Story
March 26, 2015
Discovery Park Student Poster Session and Reception. Highlighting undergraduates in DP-affiliated interdisciplinary internships. Organizer: Discovery Learning Research Center. 4:30-6 p.m. Hall for Discovery and Learning Research, Atrium (first floor). Remarks at 5:30 p.m. by Stephen Beaudoin, interim associate vice provost for academic affairs and professor of chemical engineering. Free but RSVP required by April 2; URL: www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/learningcenter/studentevent.phpRead Full Story