Winners from UNN's InnoBusiness Competition Participate in Training at Purdue University
December 16, 2013
In September 21-27, 2013 winners from the Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod's InnoBusiness competition participated in business training at Purdue University. Over the course of the week, guests from Nizhny Novgorod worked with Purdue faculty Mike Cassidy and Chris McEvoy to develop their respective technology pitch. On the final day of their visit, the young innovators presented their pitches before the Purdue entrepreneur community.
The delegation included:
- Alexander Bedny - Head of International Affairs Administration; Head of Center for Student Innovation Entrepreneurship
- Dmitry Kolesnikov - Specialist from the Department of International Relations
- Mikhail Gorshenin - a 5th year student in the Department of Physics (chitosan-based block copolymers)
- Alexander Nyuchev - a 3rd year PhD student in the Department of Chemistry (new generation anti-cancer drugs)
- Sergey Matveev - a 1st year PhD student in the Department of Physics (light emitting silicone-based diode on SiGe:Er beds)
- Danil Zorin - a 3rd year PhD student in the Department of Radiophysics (development of industrial robots based on the algorithms of pathfinding and tracking)
- Alexander Kazarin - a 2nd year PhD student in the Department of Chemistry (new type of solar batteries)
During the visit, the delegation met with innovation and entrepreneurship development program leaders at Purdue University's Burton Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship, the Discovery Park Center for Bioscience and Nanotechnology Center, and the Purdue University Science Park.
The UNN scientists also met with Purdue University colleagues engaged in similar research topics. These meetings provided an opportunity to discuss relevant research areas, and future collaboration between the scientists.
March 3, 2014
Fred Pearce has visited over 64 countries exploring issues like land grabbing, overpopulation and water shortages. Whether he’s investigating acid rain in Germany or agricultural issues in India, he allows his personal experiences in each country toRead Full Story
February 25, 2014
The registration deadline has been extended for secondary schoolteachers interested in participating in the expanded Duke Energy Academy at Purdue, slated for June 22-28 on the Purdue University campus. The new deadline is March 16. Interested teaRead Full Story
February 21, 2014
Purdue University is recruiting high-tech startup and second-stage companies to participate in the Interns for Indiana program. Led by the Discovery Learning Research Center in Discovery Park, the Interns for Indiana program connects ...Read Full Story