Physical Sciences, Engineering & Cancer Workshop
November 20, 2013
A Physical Sciences, Engineering & Cancer Workshop will be held on Dec. 6, 2013, 1-4:30 pm, MGRN 121 on the Purdue campus. The workshop is open to to all faculty, post-docs and students interested in learning more about key clinical questions in oncology and identifying Purdue technologies that could be of use. Faculty in physical sciences and engineering are invited to participate in a poster session following the clinical presentations. Faculty must register (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 30, 2013 to reserve a poster board.
Five oncology clinicians from the IU Simon Cancer Center will address the following questions as they relate to theri clincial experiences:
• Are you faced with bottlenecks that "new" technologies might be able to remove? What are the bottlenecks?
• What information would you like to know about a patient, but don’t know of a technology to obtain the information?
• What current experimental technologies in clinical research seem inadequate and need improvement?
• Which biological/medical problems can benefit from detection and analysis of both whole cells and molecular markers isolated from the same sample?
Leslie Anne Fecher, MD (Melanoma)
Shadia Jalal, MD (Lung Cancer)
Daniela Matei, MD (Ovarian Cancer)
Bert O’Neil, MD (Colorectal and Liver Cancer)
Safi Shahda, MD (Colorectal Cancer)
Poster Session with Purdue Engineers and Physical Scientists
• Posters from Purdue faculty to promote collaborations to address the identified clinical issues
- Kris Swank
April 11, 2014
Panel discussions and presentations are planned at a meeting this month for the second phase of the Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI), a partnership between Purdue University, Indiana University and the University of NotreRead Full Story
April 11, 2014
Purdue University Libraries and Press, the College of Liberal Arts, the Global Policy Research Institute, and Discovery Park have received a $539,000 grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to support collaborations of humanists, social scientistsRead Full Story
April 10, 2014
Dr. Elisa Bertino, Cyber Center Director, presented a paper at the recent IEEE 20th ICDE Conference in Chicago, ILRead Full Story