Physical Sciences, Engineering & Cancer Workshop
November 20, 2013
A Physical Sciences, Engineering & Cancer Workshop will be held on Dec. 6, 2013, 1-4:30 pm, MGRN 121 on the Purdue campus. The workshop is open to to all faculty, post-docs and students interested in learning more about key clinical questions in oncology and identifying Purdue technologies that could be of use. Faculty in physical sciences and engineering are invited to participate in a poster session following the clinical presentations. Faculty must register (email@example.com) by November 30, 2013 to reserve a poster board.
Five oncology clinicians from the IU Simon Cancer Center will address the following questions as they relate to theri clincial experiences:
• Are you faced with bottlenecks that "new" technologies might be able to remove? What are the bottlenecks?
• What information would you like to know about a patient, but don’t know of a technology to obtain the information?
• What current experimental technologies in clinical research seem inadequate and need improvement?
• Which biological/medical problems can benefit from detection and analysis of both whole cells and molecular markers isolated from the same sample?
Leslie Anne Fecher, MD (Melanoma)
Shadia Jalal, MD (Lung Cancer)
Daniela Matei, MD (Ovarian Cancer)
Bert O’Neil, MD (Colorectal and Liver Cancer)
Safi Shahda, MD (Colorectal Cancer)
Poster Session with Purdue Engineers and Physical Scientists
• Posters from Purdue faculty to promote collaborations to address the identified clinical issues
- Kris Swank
October 22, 2014
Purdue University forestry and natural resources and biological sciences professor Jeffrey Dukes has been selected as the new director of the Purdue Climate Change Research Center in Discovery Park.Read Full Story
October 17, 2014
SPEAK MODalities LLC, a startup commercializing an iPad application to help improve communication for children and families affected by severe, nonverbal autism, received top honors at the 2014 International 2014 GAIN-TEN Business Pitch Challenge.Read Full Story
October 17, 2014
Registration is underway for the 28th annual Burton D. Morgan Business Plan Competition, the third-oldest business plan competition in the country, slated for Feb. 17 at Purdue University's Discovery Park.Read Full Story