STS AOE DRIE
Equipment Name: STS AOE DRIE
Coral Name: STS_AOE
FIC: Dimitrios Peroulis
Location: Cleanroom Bay L
Max Wafer Size: 4
This system is used to dry etch silicon oxide and nitrite substrates.
The STS AOE Deep Reactive Ion Etch (DRIE) system uses SF6, CF4, C4F8, Ar, O2 and He gases. It is designed to provide high aspect ratio etching using inductive coupled plasma (ICP).
- Photo resist, silicon, silicon nitride, silicon oxide, Ni, Cr, and Al can be used as a mask.
- 4” silicon wafer can only be loaded in the system, so for any wafer which less than 4” you will need to bond to a 4” carrier wafer. Use thick photo resist such as AZ 4620 or AZ 9260 following a hard bake in a 120C oven for at least 15-30min. You can also use “Crystalbond 555” adhesive or Cool Grease by AIT for mounting your wafer to the 4” wafer.
- Please make sure that your wafer is properly bonded to the 4” carrier wafer.
- You need thick photo resist as well as silicon oxide on your 4” carrier substrate as a etch stop, If you would like to etch deep trench.
- When bonding, make sure that there is not any photo resist on the backside of the carrier. This causes poor backside cooling and/or high helium leak rates.
- It is recommended to do oxygen cleaning for 15min before starting your process in order to clean the process chamber.
Useful System LinksEquipment Use Fees
*Must install Coral and be a trained user to reserve a slot on this system.