MFP-3D-BIO Atomic Force Microscope (AsylumResearch)
Equipment Name: MFP-3D-BIO Atomic Force Microscope (AsylumResearch)
Coral Name: Asylum_MFP_3D_Bio
FIC: Ron Reifenberger
Process/Equipment Owner: Contact Monica Allain
Location: BNC 1081
Max Wafer Size: 2
The MFP-3D-BIOTM AFM provides high resolution images and accurate force measurement in both air and liquid.
- Advanced optical capabilities: The MFP-3D-BIO AFM is integrated with an inverted optical microscope (Olympus IX71), supporting optical microscopy techniques like phase contrast and fluorescence microscopy.
- Environmental controls: vibration isolation; fluid cell; petri dish holder and heater.
- Lowest noise: 8 pm cantilever deflection noise (typical), 20 pm guaranteed.
- Closed loop sensors on all three axes provides high precision 3D motion.
- iDriveTM technique simplifies imaging in liquid, ideal for imaging living biological samples.
- X&Y axes: 90µm range in closed loop; resolution 0.5 nm limited only by sensor noise. Sensor linearity better than 0.5%.
- Z axis: >15 µm range; resolution 0.25 nm limited only by sensor noise. Sensor linearity better than 0.05%.
- Cantilever deflection measurement: Noise <0.02 nm; typical 0.008 nm. Linearity better than 0.5%. Measures cantilever resonances up to 2 MHz standard.
Sample images from Asylum Research Website
Useful System Links
*Must install Coral and be a trained user to reserve a slot on this system.