Eight Core Centers of discovery, learning and engagement
• Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC)Interdisciplinary life sciences and engineering researchers collaborate to explore new technologies and science knowledge to impact the broad boundaries of plant, animal, and human diseases. Technology development and basic research for large-scale analyses of proteins, metabolites, and cellular structure/function combine with advanced data management to foster new understanding of biological systems.
• Birck Nanotechnology Center (BNC)The BNC leverages advances in nanoscale science and engineering to create innovative nanotechnologies addressing societal challenges and opportunities in computing, communications, the environment, security, energy independence, and health.
• Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship (BDMCE)
This center aims to stimulate entrepreneurship in the Purdue community and serve as a resource for the citizens of Indiana and beyond. BDMCE also plays a key role in facilitating business development for emerging concepts and technologies stemming from Discovery Park research.
• ACCESS: Advanced Computational Center for Engineering and Sciences
ACCESS provides a venue for all IT-related research, hardware, software, and staffing to come together in a single venue allowing new discoveries that an have immediate impact on discovery, learning, and engagement. ACCESS is a consortium comprised of Cyber Center/Computing Research Institute and the Rosen Center for Advanced Computing in ITaP.
• Discovery Learning Research Center (DLRC)
The mission of the DLRC is to advance research that revolutionizes learning the STEM disciplines. The DLRC is committed to redesigning educational practices and creating innovative learning environments that have immediate impacts and nurture lifelong learning for students and citizens of a global community.
• Global Sustainability Initiative (GSI)
> Center for the Environment (C4E)
C4E strives to develop the intellectual, social, and technological resources needed to enhance quality of life through enlightened environmental stewardship. The Center creates synergies among the natural and social sciences, engineering, and policy to address environmental challenges.
> Energy Center
The Energy Center's mission is to grow the Purdue energy research and education enterprise. The Center engages researchers and students in a community that delivers new discoveries and develops disruptive technologies with national and global impact.
> Purdue Climate Change Research Center (PCCRC)
The Purdue Climate Change Resaerch Center's mission is to increase scientific and public understanding of causes and impacts of climate change through fundamental research and effective education and outreach.
> Center for Global Food Security
The Center for Global Food Security will focus its talent pool of faculty and partners on the evolving challenge arising from the interactions among agricultural production and food systems with climate change, energy demand and supply, policy responses, population growth and associated development pressures.