Sophomore Research Based Learning Community
LSAMP is excited to partner with the Student Access, Transition and Success Programs Office to launch the LSAMP Sophomore Research Based Learning Community (SRBLC).
Some highlights of the LSAMP SRBLC are:
- Students live, learn and study with students that have similar STEM academic goals
- Students conduct cutting-edge research with STEM Faculty and their research teams
- Students attend & present research at local, regional, and national STEM conferences
- Students acquire preparation for graduate school in STEM disciplines
- Students will gain professional skills for life beyond college
- Students receive mentoring and academic coaching by graduate students in the Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) Program
- Students increase their knowledge base for STEM career opportunities
- Students will participate in a service-learning project that will increase their STEM leadership competence and communication
Student participants receive a stipend for participating in the program; the faculty mentor will receive a stipend to cover the cost of research supplies.
- Applicants must be a sophomore undergraduate student by August 2014
- Applicants are encouraged to have a 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- Undergraduate in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) including Agricultural Sciences & Engineering
- Applicants must be US citizens, nationals, or permanent US residents
Please apply quickly, as spaces are limited. We are only able to accommodate twenty (20) students.
- 27MarDetailsLSAMP All Scholars Meeting
March 27 @ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM BRNG 1254
- 3AprDetailsDiscovery Park Poster Session
April 3 @ 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM Discovery Learning Resource Center - DLRC
- 17AprDetailsLSAMP All Scholars Meeting
April 17 @ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM BRNG 1254
LSAMP Indiana project is a collaboration among eight university campuses including:
- Indiana University Bloomington
- Indiana University Northwest
- Purdue University West Lafayette
- Purdue University Calumet
- Purdue University North Central
- Indiana State University
- Ball State University
Applications for the Summer 2014 Research Program are currently being accepted.