The National Science Foundation’s Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Program is aimed at increasing the quality and quantity of students successfully completing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) baccalaureate degree programs, and increasing the number of students interested in, academically qualified for and matriculated into programs of graduate study. LSAMP supports sustained and comprehensive approaches that facilitate achievement of the long-term goal of increasing the number of students who earn doctorates, particularly those from populations underrepresented in STEM fields.
The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) Indiana project is a collaboration among eight university campuses including IUPUI, Indiana University Bloomington, Indiana University Northwest, Purdue University West Lafayette, Purdue University Calumet, Purdue University North Central, Indiana State University, and Ball State University.
The over-arching goal is to broaden the capacity of undergraduate students, especially from disadvantaged or underrepresented groups who:
- Graduate with degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Enter graduate programs in STEM disciplines
- Enter the workforce in STEM careers
LSAMP Indiana will implement programs that will:
- provide early research and enrichment experiences;
- sustain teaching and mentoring opportunities on gatekeeper, as well as upper-level courses;
- provide personalized interactions with graduate students and faculty mentors beginning in the students' first year;
- provide professional and personal development opportunities
These early experiences with research and teaching are designed to encourage students to build and sustain an academic and social identification within their STEM discipline and serve as a solid foundation for student achievement.
- 27MarDetailsLSAMP All Scholars Meeting
March 27 @ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM BRNG 1254
- 3AprDetailsDiscovery Park Poster Session
April 3 @ 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM Discovery Learning Resource Center - DLRC
- 17AprDetailsLSAMP All Scholars Meeting
April 17 @ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM BRNG 1254
LSAMP Indiana project is a collaboration among eight university campuses including:
- Indiana University Bloomington
- Indiana University Northwest
- Purdue University West Lafayette
- Purdue University Calumet
- Purdue University North Central
- Indiana State University
- Ball State University
Applications for the Summer 2014 Research Program are currently being accepted.