LSAMP Summer Research Training Program is a primary vehicle to guide, prepare, and cultivate the research interest among the underrepresented STEM majors at IUPUI. The program has been in operation for seven years and its impacts on academic achievement, retention and degree completion of the underrepresented minorities are significant. The summer program is carefully structured to balance the participants’ time for doing research and participating in weekly diversity seminars offered through the Center for Research and Learning and weekly field trips to explore careers options in STEM fields. Seminars and field trips are deployed in collaboration with other URM summer programs on campus such as McNair Scholars, SROP, DSRP, T35 Cancer Research, and UROP Fellows to introduce young researchers to the diverse research dimensions and facilities at IUPUI, local science and technology corporate partners, and peer institutions.
Undergraduate students who:
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- are undergraduates in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Science
- are citizens, nationals, or permanent U.S. residents
- earn a stipend for summer research
- learn to construct a scientific research project
- work with a faculty mentor through hands- on research activities
- connect to a national network of support for graduate school
- receive mentor's support to graduation
For more information
Please visit the IUPUI- LSAMP website.
No current events were found.
LSAMP Indiana project is a collaboration among eight university campuses including:Ball State University
Indiana State University
Indiana University- Bloomington
Indiana University- Northwest
Purdue University- Calumet
Purdue University- North Central
Purdue University- West Lafayette
LSAMP Indiana is also on the web at: