Discovery Learning Research Center Safety News
For a DLRC/Purdue Emergency Quick Reference Guide, click here.
We strongly encourage you to take a personal stake in your safety and security not only while you are at Purdue, but elsewhere. Know what to do in case of inclement weather or if an active shooter is in the area. We recommend reviewing these emergency procedures at least once a year, if not more often. Here are several links, in addition to the one above, to documents and videos that may be helpful.
- Comprehensive Purdue emergency procedures guide
- Classroom safety for instructors
- Shots Fired on Campus: When Lightning Strikes (Video)
- Sign up for text alerts at http://www.purdue.edu/securepurdue/
- How To Survive An Office Shooting: Run. Hide. Fight. (NPR Video)
- DLR Building Emergency Plan (BEP)
DLRC Safety Certification
The Discovery Learning Research Center (DLRC) is proud to announce receipt of Integrated Safety Plan (ISP) certification on November 14, 2012. This certification, administered by Radiological and Environmental Management (REM), indemnifies the Discovery Learning Research Center from fiscal responsibility for regulatory fines levied upon the University.
To maintain the certification, the safety committee in the DLRC:
- meets on a quarterly basis,
- completes ISP safety self audits in the fall,
- makes sure that safety issues are communicated throughout the department and, more generally throughout the building, in a timely manner, and
- schedules a REM annual audit and recommendation for ISP certification renewal.
In addition, the safety committee has created a quarterly newsletter, DLR Safety Scoop, with tips and information on safety that is distributed throughout the DLRC and then on to all building occupants. These newsletters are available by clicking on the links below:
The DLRC requires all faculty, staff and student occupants to complete the online building emergency plan (BEP) and HazCom training annually. Training updates are requested via email.
The new OSHA GHS (Globally Harmonized System) of classification and labelling of chemicals/GHS can be found in PDF format by clicking here.
Discovery Learning Research Center
207 South Martin Jischke Drive, Suite 203
West Lafayette , IN 47907-1791
- AAU STEM Education Initiative
- APLU STEM Education Center Profiles
- ADVANCE PCFS
- Center for Leadership Excellence
- Center for Literacy Education and Research
- HHMI, Deviating from the Standard
- I-STEM Network
- 30JulDetailsDiscovery Park Undergraduate Student Recognition Luncheon
July 30 @ 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Hall for Discovery and Learning Research