Discovery Learning Research Center Safety News
The Discovery Learning Research Center (DLRC) is proud to announce receipt of Integrated Safety Plan (ISP) certification on November 14, 2012. This certification, administered by Radiological and Environmental Management (REM), indemnifies the Discovery Learning Research Center from fiscal responsibility for regulatory fines levied upon the University.
To maintain the certification, the safety committee in the DLRC:
- meets on a quarterly basis,
- completes ISP safety self audits in the fall,
- makes sure that safety issues are communicated throughout the department and, more generally throughout the building, in a timely manner, and
- schedules a REM annual audit and recommendation for ISP certification renewal.
In addition, the safety committee has created a quarterly newsletter, DLR Safety Scoop, with tips and information on safety that is distributed throughout the DLRC and then on to all building occupants. These newsletters are available by clicking on the links below:
The DLRC requires all faculty, staff and student occupants to complete the online building emergency plan (BEP) and HazCom training annually. Training updates are requested via email.
The new OSHA GHS (Globally Harmonized System) of classification and labelling of chemicals/GHS can be found in PDF format by clicking here.
Discovery Learning Research Center
207 South Martin Jischke Drive, Suite 203
West Lafayette , IN 47907-1791
APLU STEM Education Center
- NSF GK-12
- Research Goes to School
- Robert Noyce Scholars Program
- Interns for Indiana
- Wilke Internship
- Sally Mason Undergraduate Scholarship
- Midwest Crossroads AGEP
- LSAMP Indiana
- ADVANCE PCFS
- Center for Leadership Excellence
- Center for Literacy Education and Research
- HHMI, Deviating from the Standard
- I-STEM Network
- Purdue Center for Serious Games
- 18FebDetailsDLRC Showcase & Symposium
February 18 - DLR 131 and 134
- 23OctDetailsUpcoming 2014 Conference: Transforming Institutions: 21st Century Undergraduate STEM Education
October 23 @ 5:00 PM - October 24 @ 9:00 PM Indianapolis, Indiana