|CCTR Basic Facts Files|
- Indiana Coal Maps
IndianaMap.org is the public source for map data in Indiana. It includes the information people need most in a format that is accessible to both the general public and expert geographic information systems (GIS) users. It is a portfolio of projects that involve the collaborative efforts of federal, state, and local partners. The purpose of these efforts is to acquire, improve, and deliver a wide variety of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data for Indiana. This geographic information has many uses, including transportation planning, economic development, environmental assessment, and emergency response. The GIS data is easily accessible in public libraries, and from the website as interactive maps for the general public, Web Map Services for GIS professionals, and downloadable data.
The Indiana Coal Mine Information System web page was created to provide online access to maps showing locations of coal mines in Indiana.
CCTR Basic Facts Files
- File #1 - "Coal Gasification & Fischer Tropsch"
- File #2 - "Basic Mercury Data & Coal Fired Power Plants"
- File #3 - "Coal-To-Gas & Coal-To-Liquids"
- File #4 - "Technologies for CO2 Capture From Electric Power Plants" (updated 03/27/08)
- File #5 - "Sulfur Dioxide Control Technologies in Electric Power Plants"
- File #6 - "Coal Utilization By-Products"
- File #7 - "Coal Transportation Economics"
- File #8 - "Coal Characteristics" (updated 10/08)
- File #9 - "Coal Reserves" (updated 10/08)
- File #10 - "What to do with CO2" (updated 02/19/08)
- File #11 - "Coal by Wire & MISO"
- File #12 - "Underground Coal Gasification (UCG)" (updated 10/06/08)
- File #13 - "Coal Mine Site Selection" (new 08/27/08)
- Indiana Coal Imports 2007 (chart)
- Indiana Primary Energy Consumption 2008 (chart)
- Indiana Coal Destination 2006 (chart)
- Helpful Coal Links
- Energy Information Administration, EIA Coal Basics 101
- Energy Information Administration, EIA Coal Website
- Indiana Coal Council
- Indiana Division of Reclamation
- Indiana Office of Energy Development
- Office of Surface Mining
- National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL)
- Illinois Clean Coal Institute (ICCI)
- University of Kentucky Center for Applied Energy Research (CAER)
- National Labs/Research Institutes - Publications of Interest
- Indiana Geological Survey
- Notre Dame Energy Center
- Lugar Center for Renewable Energy (at IUPUI)
- US Department of Energy
- Purdue Center for Research on Energy Systems and Policy
- Video Clips
Marty W. Irwin, Director
Phone: 765.494.7414 or 317.232.8970
Steven F. Son, Associate Director
Indiana Center for Coal Technology Research
Energy Center at Discovery Park
203 S Martin Jischke Drive
West Lafayette IN 47907-1971 USA
Phone: 765.494.7037 (leave message, please)