Early Bird Special--The first 40 teachers to register will receive 2 free nights (Wed/Thur) of lodging at the Union Club Hotel*
The Dynamics of Climate conference is designed to enhance teachers’ understanding of global warming and climate change and prepare them to use the activities in the Dynamics of Climate professional development toolkit. The conference and toolkit take a climate system approach to understanding how the Earth’s climate is changing. Conference sessions take participants through the implementation of the toolkit and other climate activities.
Target audience: Middle and High School Science Teachers interested in learning about how the Earth’s climate system is changing. Other educational professional interested in learning about the professional development toolkit and the Earth’s climate system.
Registration fee: $25 nonrefundable. Included in your conference registration:
- Atlas of Climate Change, by Kirstin Dow and Thomas Downing, a 2006 Planeta.com Book of the Year winner
- Dynamics of Climate Digital Professional Development toolkit
- Activities for Conceptualizing Climate and Climate Change CD and other educational resources
- Breakfasts, lunches, and BBQ social
Space limited to 60 participants, registration closes June 1st
* To qualify for this support a letter from the school principal on school letterhead indicating that the registrant is a teacher in the school is required. The letter must be submitted at the time of registration check-in, June 18, 2014.