- Spero Energy receives $1 million Phase II SBIR from Department of Energy
- Scientists turn wastewood into high-octane fuel and artificial vanilla flavorings
- Spero Energy, Guarders take top spots at 28th annual Burton D. Morgan Business Plan Competition
- Mosier appointed to soybean alliance endowed chair at Purdue
- Purdue innovators named to Forbes 30 Under 30
The Center for Direct Catalytic Conversion of Biomass to Biofuels
Mission Statement: The research mission of C3Bio is to master the ability to reconfigure all partially reduced carbon from plant cell walls into desired molecules.
Who We Are: C3Bio is an Energy Frontier Research Center (EFRC) funded by the US Department of Energy, Office of Science to conduct high-risk, high-reward research for the future deployment of advanced liquid transportation fuels.
What We Do: C3Bio will develop fundamental understanding of how biomass structural complexity impacts the yields and selectivities of liquid hydrocarbon fuels and high-value chemicals during catalytic or pyrolytic transformations of plant cell walls. We will modify cell wall composition and catalytically transform intact biomass to specify both the structures within, and the reaction products from, lignocellulosic biomass.