Interim Administrative Changes at the Bindley Bioscience Center
April 22, 2011
Charles Buck, Director of Operations has accepted a position outside of Purdue University. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and thank him for all of the contributions he made to the success of the Bindley Bioscience Center. He has made a real difference for the Bindley Bioscience Center and Discovery Park.
We are pleased to announce that Marietta Harrison has agreed to serve as an Interim Deputy Director. In this role, Marietta will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Oversees interactions between faculty, staff and Bindley Bioscience Center leadership
* Helps the Director and Bindley personnel develop policies and procedures
* Provides leadership for the administrative, clerical, and scientific staff
* Help the BBC Director manage scientific and operational aspects of the BBC scientific cores
We are also happy to announce that Luanne Ludwig will serve as an Interim Operations Manager and will be responsible for the following tasks:
Oversees day-to-day activities of the Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC):
* Helps to develop and implement policies and procedures.
* Provides leadership and supervision in organizing and managing special events.
* Helps to determine metrics, and an accompanying process, to track research and capabilities progress.
* Identifies opportunities for multidisciplinary research projects and supports proposal preparation process.
* Help coordinate administrative/clerical staff.
Core research facilities:
* Manages Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC) core research facilities (personnel, equipment, space, budget, etc.).
* Coordinates with appropriate administrative unit(s) for charge-back mechanisms in core facilities.
* Identifies core facilities resource needs and helps to implement plans to secure resources
April 16, 2015
Searching for compounds to produce new or better drugs is like looking for a needle in a haystack, with inefficient screening for identification and characterization of effective new drug compounds directly impacting the cost of drug development (now in excess of $1 billion per drug).Read Full Story
March 3, 2015
Located in the Bindley Bioscience Center, the powerful Bruker 7-Tesla magnetic resonance imaging machine (MRI), is the only one of its kind in Indiana.Read Full Story
February 18, 2015
Congratulations to Dr. Joseph Irudayaraj, Deputy Director of the Bindley Bioscience Center, for the 2015 College of Engineering, Research Excellence Award.Read Full Story