Interim Administrative Changes at the Bindley Bioscience Center
April 22, 2011
Charles Buck, Director of Operations has accepted a position outside of Purdue University. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and thank him for all of the contributions he made to the success of the Bindley Bioscience Center. He has made a real difference for the Bindley Bioscience Center and Discovery Park.
We are pleased to announce that Marietta Harrison has agreed to serve as an Interim Deputy Director. In this role, Marietta will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Oversees interactions between faculty, staff and Bindley Bioscience Center leadership
* Helps the Director and Bindley personnel develop policies and procedures
* Provides leadership for the administrative, clerical, and scientific staff
* Help the BBC Director manage scientific and operational aspects of the BBC scientific cores
We are also happy to announce that Luanne Ludwig will serve as an Interim Operations Manager and will be responsible for the following tasks:
Oversees day-to-day activities of the Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC):
* Helps to develop and implement policies and procedures.
* Provides leadership and supervision in organizing and managing special events.
* Helps to determine metrics, and an accompanying process, to track research and capabilities progress.
* Identifies opportunities for multidisciplinary research projects and supports proposal preparation process.
* Help coordinate administrative/clerical staff.
Core research facilities:
* Manages Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC) core research facilities (personnel, equipment, space, budget, etc.).
* Coordinates with appropriate administrative unit(s) for charge-back mechanisms in core facilities.
* Identifies core facilities resource needs and helps to implement plans to secure resources
September 5, 2014
Purdue University marked the opening of new Discovery Park interdisciplinary research facilities in drug development and cancer, key components of the Purdue Moves initiative, during a dedication ceremony on Friday (Sept. 5).Read Full Story
September 3, 2014
Purdue University is planning a ceremony to mark the opening of a nearly $29 million facility that will consolidate drug research centers at the school and a $16 million expansion of a cancer research center.Read Full Story
July 9, 2014
Moments after Dr. Jeff Crecelius completes a surgery, hopeful family members typically want to know if he was able to "get it all," or remove all of the cancerous tumor from the brain of a loved one. It's their emotional plea for reassurance. They want to know that the ordeal is completed and that the brain tumor has met its match — the hands of a skilled surgeon.Read Full Story