Interim Administrative Changes at the Bindley Bioscience Center
April 22, 2011
Charles Buck, Director of Operations has accepted a position outside of Purdue University. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and thank him for all of the contributions he made to the success of the Bindley Bioscience Center. He has made a real difference for the Bindley Bioscience Center and Discovery Park.
We are pleased to announce that Marietta Harrison has agreed to serve as an Interim Deputy Director. In this role, Marietta will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Oversees interactions between faculty, staff and Bindley Bioscience Center leadership
* Helps the Director and Bindley personnel develop policies and procedures
* Provides leadership for the administrative, clerical, and scientific staff
* Help the BBC Director manage scientific and operational aspects of the BBC scientific cores
We are also happy to announce that Luanne Ludwig will serve as an Interim Operations Manager and will be responsible for the following tasks:
Oversees day-to-day activities of the Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC):
* Helps to develop and implement policies and procedures.
* Provides leadership and supervision in organizing and managing special events.
* Helps to determine metrics, and an accompanying process, to track research and capabilities progress.
* Identifies opportunities for multidisciplinary research projects and supports proposal preparation process.
* Help coordinate administrative/clerical staff.
Core research facilities:
* Manages Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC) core research facilities (personnel, equipment, space, budget, etc.).
* Coordinates with appropriate administrative unit(s) for charge-back mechanisms in core facilities.
* Identifies core facilities resource needs and helps to implement plans to secure resources
May 29, 2015
This RFA requests submissions of project applications for research use of human bio-specimen with longitudinal electronic medical record data. The due date for this Request for Applications is Friday, October 2, 2015. All Purdue full-time faculty members on the West Lafayette campus, regardless of tenure status, are eligible to apply. Samples will be provided free of charge to the qualified awardee(s).Read Full Story
May 15, 2015
The Molecular Therapeutics Program (MTP) released the IDDA 2015 RFA on May 8, 2015. Please see the link for guidelines. If you have any questions, please direct them to Padma Portonovo, who is the Program Manager for the MTP at email@example.com.Read Full Story
May 8, 2015
Purdue University and Indiana University Health Arnett in Lafayette have announced a three-year collaboration agreement to promote human clinical research efforts between the two groups.Read Full Story