Interim Administrative Changes at the Bindley Bioscience Center
April 22, 2011
Charles Buck, Director of Operations has accepted a position outside of Purdue University. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and thank him for all of the contributions he made to the success of the Bindley Bioscience Center. He has made a real difference for the Bindley Bioscience Center and Discovery Park.
We are pleased to announce that Marietta Harrison has agreed to serve as an Interim Deputy Director. In this role, Marietta will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Oversees interactions between faculty, staff and Bindley Bioscience Center leadership
* Helps the Director and Bindley personnel develop policies and procedures
* Provides leadership for the administrative, clerical, and scientific staff
* Help the BBC Director manage scientific and operational aspects of the BBC scientific cores
We are also happy to announce that Luanne Ludwig will serve as an Interim Operations Manager and will be responsible for the following tasks:
Oversees day-to-day activities of the Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC):
* Helps to develop and implement policies and procedures.
* Provides leadership and supervision in organizing and managing special events.
* Helps to determine metrics, and an accompanying process, to track research and capabilities progress.
* Identifies opportunities for multidisciplinary research projects and supports proposal preparation process.
* Help coordinate administrative/clerical staff.
Core research facilities:
* Manages Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC) core research facilities (personnel, equipment, space, budget, etc.).
* Coordinates with appropriate administrative unit(s) for charge-back mechanisms in core facilities.
* Identifies core facilities resource needs and helps to implement plans to secure resources
March 27, 2013
Purdue University is known for its cutting edge research, but as scientists study in labs in every corner of campus, there is one place where their theories can be realized. Purdue's Discovery Park and the Bindley Bioscience Center held "DiscoverRead Full Story
March 13, 2013
When the National Institutes of Health created the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, which houses the Clinical and Translational Sciences Award program that supports the Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute, NIH DRead Full Story
March 4, 2013
Discover with us! Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9am-1:30pm Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship, room 121Read Full Story