Luanne Ludwig named the Center Operations Manager of the Bindley Bioscience Center
March 22, 2012
West Lafayette, IN - In our continuing effort to roll-out the Bindley Bioscience Center Strategic Plan, administrative changes have been implemented to better support our short and long-term goals. We are pleased to announce that Luanne Ludwig will serve as the Center Operations Manager. Richard Kuhn, the Director of the Bindley Bioscience Center stated that he "cannot think of a better person in this position." He added that Luanne " brings broad knowledge, high enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude to the Center and to this position."
As the Center Operations Manager, Luanne will be responsible for the following tasks:
Oversee day-to-day activities of the Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC):
* Help to develop and implement policies and procedures.
* Provide leadership and supervision in organizing and managing special events.
* Help to determine metrics, and an accompanying process, to track research and capabilities progress.
* Identify opportunities for multidisciplinary research projects and supports proposal preparation process.
* Help coordinate administrative/clerical staff.
Oversee day-to-day activities in our Core research facilities:
* Manage the Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC) core research facilities (personnel, equipment, space, budgets, etc.).
* Coordinate with appropriate administrative unit(s) for charge-back mechanisms in core facilities.
* Identify core facilities resource needs and helps to implement plans to secure resources
April 16, 2015
Searching for compounds to produce new or better drugs is like looking for a needle in a haystack, with inefficient screening for identification and characterization of effective new drug compounds directly impacting the cost of drug development (now in excess of $1 billion per drug).Read Full Story
March 3, 2015
Located in the Bindley Bioscience Center, the powerful Bruker 7-Tesla magnetic resonance imaging machine (MRI), is the only one of its kind in Indiana.Read Full Story
February 18, 2015
Congratulations to Dr. Joseph Irudayaraj, Deputy Director of the Bindley Bioscience Center, for the 2015 College of Engineering, Research Excellence Award.Read Full Story