Luanne Ludwig named the Center Operations Manager of the Bindley Bioscience Center
March 22, 2012
West Lafayette, IN - In our continuing effort to roll-out the Bindley Bioscience Center Strategic Plan, administrative changes have been implemented to better support our short and long-term goals. We are pleased to announce that Luanne Ludwig will serve as the Center Operations Manager. Richard Kuhn, the Director of the Bindley Bioscience Center stated that he "cannot think of a better person in this position." He added that Luanne " brings broad knowledge, high enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude to the Center and to this position."
As the Center Operations Manager, Luanne will be responsible for the following tasks:
Oversee day-to-day activities of the Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC):
* Help to develop and implement policies and procedures.
* Provide leadership and supervision in organizing and managing special events.
* Help to determine metrics, and an accompanying process, to track research and capabilities progress.
* Identify opportunities for multidisciplinary research projects and supports proposal preparation process.
* Help coordinate administrative/clerical staff.
Oversee day-to-day activities in our Core research facilities:
* Manage the Bindley Bioscience Center (BBC) core research facilities (personnel, equipment, space, budgets, etc.).
* Coordinate with appropriate administrative unit(s) for charge-back mechanisms in core facilities.
* Identify core facilities resource needs and helps to implement plans to secure resources
January 12, 2015
Five Purdue University researchers received nearly $150,000 from the Trask Innovation Fund to further develop their technologies. The innovations originate from multiple disciplines and range from water purification to a drug-delivery technology.Read Full Story
December 18, 2014
Three Purdue University professors have been named fellows of the National Academy of Inventors.Read Full Story
December 5, 2014
Postdoctoral researchers at Purdue University will have a chance to gain valuable proposal writing and reviewing experience in translational research, as well as the chance to win $5,000 for their own research, through the Purdue Postdoc Challenge.Read Full Story