InstrumentsAll major instruments and equipment located in this facility are outfitted to handle microplates.
- Two liquid handling dual-bridge systems (BiomekFX) containing 96- and 8-tips heads, vacuum manifold, and absorbance plate reader allow experiments to run various multisample assays.
- One of the BiomekFX systems is connected to a microplate hotel to increase the walk-away time.
- The centrifuge Eppendorf 5810R has a rotor for spinning the microplates.
- MJ thermocycler can run programs for 2 plates simultaneously.
- Genetix colony picker QPixII is a picking (from Q-trays) and replicating system.
- Accessories for bacterial and yeast cell growth include the Cryoreplicator System ‘Duetz” incubators/shakers with plate holders.
- A tissue culture room is equipped with Biosafety cabinet class II type A2, Laminar Flow and CO2 incubators.
- A liquid chromatography system AKTA Explorer100 allows fast developing and optimizing of protein purification methods.
- Spectramax384 UV/absorbance plate reader (Molecular Devices) is used for the detection of DNA and protein concentration in the plate as well as in cuvette.
- The nanodrop spectrophotometer requires only 2 ul of protein or DNA samples without dilution.
Bindley Bioscience Center
Biomolecular Screening and Drug Discovery
1203 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2057
Ph.D. Research Scientist
- (765) 496-3102