About the Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship
The Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship (BDMCE) fosters and stimulates the understanding and application of entrepreneurship with faculty and students across the Purdue campus and with stakeholders throughout Indiana and the world.
About Burton D. Morgan
The benefactor of the BDMCE, Burton D. Morgan, was a 1938 mechanical engineering graduate and was awarded an honorary doctorate in management in 1992. An exemplar for entrepreneurship, Burton D. Morgan started 50 companies, six of which become major corporations including Morgan Adhesives, one of the world's largest makers of pressure-sensitive adhesives. He was president of Basic Search Co., an idea-development firm, and authored several books on the topic of entrepreneurship. In 1987 Burton D. Morgan provided an endowment to support Purdue's Annual Burton D. Morgan Business Plan Competition. To learn more about the Burton D. Morgan Foundation, click here.
About the Facilities
Dedicated on October 21, 2004, Purdue University's Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship was the first building completed in Purdue's Discovery Park. A 31,000-square-foot, two-story facility, the Burton D. Morgan Center is located on State Street on the west edge of campus. The center includes a 72-seat lecture room, a presentation room, offices and several conference rooms.