The Purdue Center for Faculty Success (PCFS) has developed a series of “for-you” web pages to help orient and direct faculty to the appropriate resources on campus. In its efforts to increase and engage faculty on the West Lafayette campus, the PCFS designs various activities and events.
The pages under this section have been designed specifically for the rank of the faculty and the center will be building and improving the resources continuously.
- Coming to Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- At Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Administrative Resources
- Gender and Letters of Recommendation for Academia: Agentic and Communal Differences
- Gender Bias and Structural Obstacles
- MIT Newsletter-Diversification of a University Faculty: Observations on Hiring Women Faculty in the Schools of Science and Engineering at MIT
- Orchestrating Impartiality: The Impact of “Blind” Auditions on Female Musicians
- Tools for Change in STEM website
- Avoiding Unintended Gender Bias in Letters of Recommendation
The ADVANCE 2013 Gender and STEM Research Symposium will be held on November 13-14th in Stewart Center 310 and 302. Proceedings from this symposium will be available through Purdue e-Pubs. Details about the Symposium can be found: HERE
Deadline for submission of abstracts is Monday October 21st, 2013.
Professor Peggy McIntosh, Associate Director of Wellesley Centers for Women, will be the keynote speaker during the afternoon on Wednesday, November 13th.
The award winning show “Truth Values-One Girl’s Romp Through M.I.T.’s Male Math Maze” by Gioia De Cari will be presented by ADVANCE-Purdue at 7:00 PM on Wednesday, November 13th in Fowler Hall/Stewart Center/Purdue University. A panel discussion will take place following the performance.
No current events were found.
Hall for Discovery and Learning Research
207 South Martin Jischke Drive, Suite 204
West Lafayette, IN 47907