One of ADVANCE-Purdue’s strengths is the blending of programming and research.
The research enterprises associated with ADVANCE-Purdue and PCFS uses theories and methods drawn from sociology and education to assess the theoretical models on which programs are based, and to develop new models that might be more inclusive in how they represent women faculty members’ experiences.
This research contributes to literature on women’s underrepresentation in STEM, as well as a case study of interest to researchers in sociology and organizational change.
Our research pages are organized by overall topic:
- Measuring progress: where we report on our research and evaluation findings on our effectiveness as a center
- Improving resources: where we report on our research findings on our two major research studies with ADVANCE
- Research updates: where we share with you the most up-to-date research findings on women’s underrepresentation in STEM faculty positions
Advance Purdue Research Briefs
- Research Brief 2010 ASEE Institutional Ethnography
- Research Brief 2010 ASEE Modeling Career Pathways
- Research Brief 2010 ASEE Exploding Pipelines
- Research Brief 2011 Reflective Practice
- Research Brief 2012 ASEE Gendered Facets
- Research Brief 2012 ASEE Networks
- Research Brief 2013 ASEE Foucault
- Research Brief 2013 SHE
- Research Brief 2013 IJSGST Structuration Theory
Current research and events on gender and STEM in academia
- Research Note #1: 04/10/10
- Research Note #2: 05/26/10
- Research Note #3: 08/23/10
- Research Note #4: 12/01/10
- Research Note #5: 02/01/11
- Research Note #6: 05/05/11
- Research Note #7: 11/15/11
- Research Note #8: 02/01/12
- Research Note #9: 04/01/12
- Research Note #10 09/12/12
- Research Note #11 10/30/12
- Research Note#12 01/30/12
- Research Note#13 03/25/13
- Research Note#14 06/20/13
- Research Note#15 09/01/13
- Research Note#16 11/01/13
The ADVANCE 2013 Gender and STEM Research Symposium will be held on November 13-14th in Stewart Center 310 and 302. Proceedings from this symposium will be available through Purdue e-Pubs. Details about the Symposium can be found: HERE
Deadline for submission of abstracts is Monday October 21st, 2013.
Professor Peggy McIntosh, Associate Director of Wellesley Centers for Women, will be the keynote speaker during the afternoon on Wednesday, November 13th.
The award winning show “Truth Values-One Girl’s Romp Through M.I.T.’s Male Math Maze” by Gioia De Cari will be presented by ADVANCE-Purdue at 7:00 PM on Wednesday, November 13th in Fowler Hall/Stewart Center/Purdue University. A panel discussion will take place following the performance.
No current events were found.
Hall for Discovery and Learning Research
207 South Martin Jischke Drive, Suite 204
West Lafayette, IN 47907