Congratulations to our newest Distinguished STEM Professors, Rebecca Doerge and Mary Wirth
December 23, 2011
Mary Wirth was also ratified as the W. Brooks Fortune Distinguished Professor of Chemistry.
- She is one of the top analytical chemists in the world, having made substantial contributions in molecular spectroscopy and in biological separations.
- Her advances in the development of chromatographic materials have led to a near-revolutionary jump in chromatographic efficiencies, and have resulted in several patents and start-up of a new company.
- Mary was also one of three Purdue alumnae who earlier this year were named the University’s inaugural Distinguished Women Scholars.
Rebecca Doerge was ratified as the Trent and Judith Anderson Distinguished Professor of Statistics.
- She is the Head of the Department of Statistics and Director of Purdue’s Statistical Bioinformatics Center.
- Rebecca is one of the best-known statisticians in the field of biological sciences, and has set the standard for the field of Statistical Bioinformatics.
- Her contributions in quantitative trait locus (QTL) mapping are widely recognized as seminal, and her work has set a standard for determining statistical significance for QTL identification worldwide.
February 3, 2014
The NSF ADVANCE Center at Texas A&M is hosting a Roadmap for a Successful Academic Career Workshop for women assistant professors (3 years or less) and postdoctoral researchers, April 7-8 2014. Applications are due Feb 15. More information is availaRead Full Story
January 23, 2014
"Diversity in Grants Improves Them" - An interactive panel discussion Tuesday January 28th 2014 Stewart Center Room 314 Lunch starts at noon. Panel runs from 12:30 to 2:30pm. Please see that attached flyer.Read Full Story
January 23, 2014
International Women's Day 2104 Invitation March 5th, 2014 PFEN Hall - Dean's Auditorium at 6pm Keynote Presentation and Q&A with Melanne Verveer See the attached flyer.Read Full Story