Congratulations to our newest Distinguished STEM Professors, Rebecca Doerge and Mary Wirth
December 23, 2011
Mary Wirth was also ratified as the W. Brooks Fortune Distinguished Professor of Chemistry.
- She is one of the top analytical chemists in the world, having made substantial contributions in molecular spectroscopy and in biological separations.
- Her advances in the development of chromatographic materials have led to a near-revolutionary jump in chromatographic efficiencies, and have resulted in several patents and start-up of a new company.
- Mary was also one of three Purdue alumnae who earlier this year were named the University’s inaugural Distinguished Women Scholars.
Rebecca Doerge was ratified as the Trent and Judith Anderson Distinguished Professor of Statistics.
- She is the Head of the Department of Statistics and Director of Purdue’s Statistical Bioinformatics Center.
- Rebecca is one of the best-known statisticians in the field of biological sciences, and has set the standard for the field of Statistical Bioinformatics.
- Her contributions in quantitative trait locus (QTL) mapping are widely recognized as seminal, and her work has set a standard for determining statistical significance for QTL identification worldwide.
December 6, 2016
Two recipients were selected to receive the Violet Haas Award for 2016 and were honored at a reception on Thursday (Dec. 1) in the Purdue Memorial Union's Anniversary Drawing Room. Linda Mason, professor of entomology, received an individual award, and the Department of Chemistry received a departmental award. The awards were presented by Patrice Buzzanell, director of the Butler Center and the Susan Bulkeley Butler Chair for Leadership Excellence.Read Full Story
May 9, 2016
Purdue University's Office of Engagement has named winners of four faculty and staff engagement awards for 2016. The awards honor faculty and staff members who combine scholarship and community partnerships to have a positive impact beyond campus.Read Full Story
April 14, 2016
Rebecca W. Doerge, the Trent and Judith Anderson Distinguished Professor of Statistics at Purdue University, was chosen as one of 33 fellows selected nationwide this year by the American Council on Education.Read Full Story