Congratulations to our newest Distinguished STEM Professors, Rebecca Doerge and Mary Wirth
December 23, 2011
Mary Wirth was also ratified as the W. Brooks Fortune Distinguished Professor of Chemistry.
- She is one of the top analytical chemists in the world, having made substantial contributions in molecular spectroscopy and in biological separations.
- Her advances in the development of chromatographic materials have led to a near-revolutionary jump in chromatographic efficiencies, and have resulted in several patents and start-up of a new company.
- Mary was also one of three Purdue alumnae who earlier this year were named the University’s inaugural Distinguished Women Scholars.
Rebecca Doerge was ratified as the Trent and Judith Anderson Distinguished Professor of Statistics.
- She is the Head of the Department of Statistics and Director of Purdue’s Statistical Bioinformatics Center.
- Rebecca is one of the best-known statisticians in the field of biological sciences, and has set the standard for the field of Statistical Bioinformatics.
- Her contributions in quantitative trait locus (QTL) mapping are widely recognized as seminal, and her work has set a standard for determining statistical significance for QTL identification worldwide.
May 9, 2013
Purdue trustees approve faculty promotions (April 5, 2013). Congratulations to the following STEM women faculty who received promotions: Catherine Hill, Heidi Diefes-Dux, Dan Jiao, Erica Carlson, Tamilee Nennich, Alexandra Boltasseva, Monica CardelRead Full Story
Congratulations Joe Francisco for being elected as a new member of the National Academy of Sciences!
May 1, 2013
Congratulations Joe Francisco, a member of the ADVANCE Purdue Internal Advisory Committee, for being elected as a new member of the National Academy of Sciences! Joe Francisco is an associate dean of research and graduate education, College of SciencRead Full Story
February 27, 2013
ADVANCE Purdue Center for Faculty Success would like to make you aware of the March at Purdue scheduled for Friday 3/22/13 and welcome your participation. The March at Purdue commemorates 100 years of public action. If you are interested in joiningRead Full Story