Congratulations to our newest Distinguished STEM Professors, Rebecca Doerge and Mary Wirth
December 23, 2011
Mary Wirth was also ratified as the W. Brooks Fortune Distinguished Professor of Chemistry.
- She is one of the top analytical chemists in the world, having made substantial contributions in molecular spectroscopy and in biological separations.
- Her advances in the development of chromatographic materials have led to a near-revolutionary jump in chromatographic efficiencies, and have resulted in several patents and start-up of a new company.
- Mary was also one of three Purdue alumnae who earlier this year were named the University’s inaugural Distinguished Women Scholars.
Rebecca Doerge was ratified as the Trent and Judith Anderson Distinguished Professor of Statistics.
- She is the Head of the Department of Statistics and Director of Purdue’s Statistical Bioinformatics Center.
- Rebecca is one of the best-known statisticians in the field of biological sciences, and has set the standard for the field of Statistical Bioinformatics.
- Her contributions in quantitative trait locus (QTL) mapping are widely recognized as seminal, and her work has set a standard for determining statistical significance for QTL identification worldwide.
April 10, 2015
Purdue University's Board of Trustees on Friday (April 10) approved faculty promotions. The following promotions are effective with the 2015-16 academic year. Exact dates are noted by campus or name.Read Full Story
March 25, 2015
Beth Holloway, director of the Women in Engineering Program and assistant dean of undergraduate education for the College of Engineering, has been selected to receive the William Elgin Wickenden Award of the American Society for Engineering Education.Read Full Story
February 16, 2015
Alejandra Magana, assistant professor of computer and information technology, has received a National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER Award.Read Full Story