College of Health and Human Sciences new administrative team
July 8, 2010
July 8, 2010
Chris Ladisch, inaugural dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences, has announced the college’s administrative team, effective July 1.
Members of the administrative team are:
* Chris Agnew, head, Department of Psychological Sciences.
* Tom Berndt, associate dean for research and administration.
* Denise Buhrmester, director of communications.
* Liping Cai, associate dean for diversity and international programs.
* Sugato Chakravarty, head, Department of Consumer Sciences and Retailing.
* Linda Conner, director of student services.
* Doran French, head, Department of Child Development and Family Studies.
* Rich Ghiselli, head, Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
* Bill Harper, head, Department of Health and Kinesiology.
* Mona Holdcraft, director of financial affairs.
* Jane Kirkpatrick, associate dean, and head, School of Nursing.
* Shelley MacDermid Wadsworth, associate dean for academic affairs.
* Bob Novak, head, Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences.
* Anita Risk, director of information technology.
* Lori Sparger, interim director of advancement.
* Connie Weaver, head, Department of Foods and Nutrition.
* Wei Zheng, head, School of Health Sciences.
* Karen Zotz, assistant dean for engagement/Extension.
More information about the College of Health and Human Sciences can be found at https://www.hhs.purdue.edu/.
June 23, 2014
Women in Engineering ProActive Network (WEPAN), presented its prestigious annual Distinguished Service Award to Beth Holloway, Assistant Dean of Engineering for Undergraduate Education and Director of the Women in Engineering Program at Purdue University on June 11, at the WEPAN 2014 Change Leader Forum in Minneapolis, MN. The Distinguished Service Award recognizes WEPAN members whose individual service has made a significant impact for the organization.Read Full Story
May 6, 2014
Kathleen Howell, the Hsu Lo Distinguished Professor of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, and Suzanne Nielsen, professor of Food Science, have been named recipients of the 2014 Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Awards in Memory of Charles B. Murphy.Read Full Story
May 6, 2014
The Office of the Provost recently announced the 2014 University Faculty Scholars, two of which are women whom are from the College of Engineering. Alexandra Boltasseva, associate professor of electrical and computer engineering and Lia Stanciu, associate professor of materials engineering.Read Full Story