ADVANCE-The Work-Life/Balance Policy event is a venue to facilitate networking and information sharing regarding work-life balance issues and policies. We will be focusing on Family leave (including parental/maternity leave), tenure clock extension, and childcare policies. Participants are invited to share their experiences with Purdue’s work-life policies and programs and provide suggestions for improvements. Our overarching goal is to enhance/promote an environment conducive to faculty success through family-friendly policies and programs.
Elder Care Discussion
Date: March 26, 2010
- Work-Life Balance: Elder Care Flyer
- Pre-Questionnaire for Elder Care Discussion
- Elder Care and Women in the STEM Disciplines: Key Findings by Mary Burbink and Valentine M. Moghadam
- Elder Care Presentation and Discussion: Key Points by Valentine Moghadam
- Caring for Mom, Mum, and Maman by Sara Mansfield Taber
- Smart Strategies for Elder-Care by Lisa Scherzer
- Who Takes Care of Mom? Siblings class as they respond to parents' aging by Francine Russo
- Number of people age 65 and over from AgingStats.gov
- Population age 65 and over, by race from AgingStats.gov
- Marital status of the population age 65 and over from AgingStats.gov
- Educational attainment of the population age 65 and over from AgingStats.gov
- Living arrangements of the population age 65 and over from Aging Stats.gov
Work-Life Balance Discussion
Date: October 16, 2009
- Opening Remarks: Valentine M. Moghadam
- Work-Life Balance: Research Findings by Shelley MacDermid Wadsworth
- Post-Work/Life Event Policy Report
- Purdue University’s Work/Family Policies: A Comparative Assessment by Valentine M. Moghadam and Mary J. Burbink
- Women Faculty Success and Work/Family Balance: An Issues Paper by Valentine M. Moghadam and Mary J.Burbrink
The ADVANCE 2013 Gender and STEM Research Symposium will be held on November 13-14th in Stewart Center 310 and 302. Proceedings from this symposium will be available through Purdue e-Pubs. Details about the Symposium can be found: HERE
Deadline for submission of abstracts is Monday October 21st, 2013.
Professor Peggy McIntosh, Associate Director of Wellesley Centers for Women, will be the keynote speaker during the afternoon on Wednesday, November 13th.
The award winning show “Truth Values-One Girl’s Romp Through M.I.T.’s Male Math Maze” by Gioia De Cari will be presented by ADVANCE-Purdue at 7:00 PM on Wednesday, November 13th in Fowler Hall/Stewart Center/Purdue University. A panel discussion will take place following the performance.
No current events were found.
Hall for Discovery and Learning Research
207 South Martin Jischke Drive, Suite 204
West Lafayette, IN 47907