- The Schwartz Tennis Center has six indoor courts and 12 outdoor courts that are available to the public. For questions regarding accessibility and/or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact the Schwartz Tennis Center at (765) 496-9511.
- Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex has a specialized ADA mobility cart available for rent. To reserve the Solo Rider cart, please call the Golf Complex at 765-494-3139 at least 72 hours in advance. For questions regarding accessibility and/or to request an accommodation due to a disability, contact the Golf Complex at (765) 494-3139.
The Division of Recreational Sports (DRS) strives to expand the opportunities of inclusion for individuals with both visible and invisible disabilities, optimizing recreational pursuits for all Boilermakers.
- Aquatics: The Boilermaker Aquatic Center and the Recreational Pool are ADA compliant with hydraulic lifts and or a portable lift for easy entry to the pools and spa. The Boilermaker Aquatic Center includes a 50 meter competition pool and a 25 yard warm water dive well. The Recreational Pool features three, 25 yard lanes and warm benches for easy access. Staff will make every effort to accommodate the needs of the participant. For additional questions, please contact David Fraseur (email@example.com).
- Climbing Wall/Challenge Course: The Climbing and Challenge Course Programs have the capability to customize activities for groups or individuals with varying disabilities. For additional information, please contact Andrew Lyburn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Facility: There are several access points into the CoRec, Aqua, and TREC facilities for individuals with disabilities. To access the CoRec, there are two entrances; east entrance, off of Martin Jischke Drive, which has an accessible ramp leading individuals to the entry control desk. From the west entrance, off of the circle drive, there is an accessible elevator located to the right of the stairs. This elevator will take participants to the second level of the building or to the aquatics mezzanine. The Aqua main entrance and TREC facility entrance are located off of the circle drive to the west of the CoRec facility.
- Parking: Accessible parking spaces are located to the north of the CoRec along the university track.
- Fitness Equipment: Throughout the France A. Cordova Recreational Sports Center, there are numerous pieces of equipment, located in the following areas, which are accessible to individuals with a disability. Those areas include:
- Colby Fitness (Basement Level) – Arm Ergometers, Dumbbells, and Cable Machines
- Scifres Functional Fitness (Basement Level) – Cable Machines
- 2nd Floor Fitness Pavilion – Technogym Line, Cable Machines, Arm Ergometers
- 3rd Floor Upper Fitness – Technogym Cable Machines
- 3rd Floor Mezzanine (Atrium Track area) – Cable Machines
For additional questions or information on how to use the machines, please ask one of the fitness consultants (blue Rec Polo shirts) or contact Allison Morgan (email@example.com).
- Group Exercise: Several of the group exercise classes can be modified for individuals with disabilities. For modification questions, please contact Michelle Whipple (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Intramural Sports: Intramural Sports is one of the most popular ways to get involved on campus with your fellow Boilermakers. The Intramural Sports program provides the opportunity for structured individual, dual, and/or team leagues, tournaments, and events in more than 40 sport offerings. If an individual with a disability would like to participate, accommodation requests or questions concerning a particular sport can be made by contacting Tyler Ford (email@example.com).
- Personal Training: The Personal Training program gives the Purdue community the opportunity to work with a certified Personal Trainer at an affordable price. A variety of services are offered to meet your needs, including one-on-one training, fitness assessments, JumpStart program, and buddy sessions. Due to the knowledge of the personal training staff, individuals with varying disabilities can have their workouts customized to meet their needs and goals. For additional information, please contact Allison Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org).