Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a program offered to students who have demonstrated a high level of financial need as determined by the results of their FAFSA. FWS eligibility can make it easier for students to secure part-time job opportunities on or around campus. Students work to earn a regular biweekly paycheck, which they can use to meet some of their day-to-day expenses. This money is earned though work and does not need to be repaid. To be considered for FWS, complete the FAFSA.

To utilize a Work-Study award:

  1. Find and secure a job with a Work-Study eligible employer.
  2. Turn in their Payroll Authorization Form (PAF) to their employer's payroll clerk. You can visit our office in Schleman Hall, Room 302, to pick up the PAF. Duplicate forms for second jobs or changing of a job can also be obtained in our office.
  3. Work your scheduled hours to earn wages. You'll get paid in biweekly paychecks.

Note: You'll need an authorized I-9 documentation to start working. You'll need some documents to fill one out.

Purdue University Division of Financial Aid, Schleman Hall, Room 305, 475 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2050, (765) 494-5050

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Division of Financial Aid

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Division of Financial Aid at facontact@purdue.edu.

Adobe Reader Microsoft Office Viewers