Student employees are competent and motivated employees who offer a wide range of skills, talent, life experience, academic knowledge, and working potential. The part-time student employee hired today could become the full-time career employee of the future. Student Employment Services offers several services to help employers find workers:
- Free posting of current job openings on the Student Employment Services website.
- Free posting of current positions on the Purdue and local cable television networks.
- Use of campus interview space to help recruit student employees.
Job postings are updated daily, Monday through Friday, and can reach thousands of potential student employees. Job postings are assigned a specific job posting number and can easily be edited or removed by calling our office at 765-494-5056.
PAFs Are "Under Construction"
The Payroll Authorization Form is in transition from the paper triplicate copy to an automated process. Choose the appropriate option below for processing instructions.
Post a Job
As a prospective employer of Purdue University students, you are requested to sign and return an Equal Opportunity Employer Assurance Statement every two years. This statement is required to assure our compliance with state and federal equal opportunity legislation and University policy. It will be kept on file at Student Employment--Division of Financial Aid at Purdue University. If we do not receive a signed Equal Opportunity Assurance Statement from you, we will not be able to list your job opening(s) on the Purdue job board information system.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Form for Companies and Agencies (Download)
- Equal Opportunity Employer Form for Residential Postings (Download)
- Job Post (Print-Fax Back Version) (Download)
- Job Post (Online Version)
- Job Post Follow Up
Choose from the following links below to post job information or follow up on a job posting. Students may also contact the Division of Financial Aid Student Employment staff with any questions or updates.
- Federal Work-Study Advantages to Employers
The Federal Work-Study program allows Purdue departments and nonprofit employers to hire FWS-eligible students and pay only 30 percent of their wages. The other 70 percent of a student’s wage is provided through federal funding. Nonprofit employers who hire FWS students as reading tutors for elementary students and/or math tutors for elementary or middle school students may be eligible for 100% reimbursement of FWS student wages. Purdue University will monitor and maintain the individual student earnings and provide the primary payroll functions for FWS students.
- Federal Work-Study Employers/Payroll Clerk Information
The Handbook of Student Employment details the procedures a Federal Work-Study (FWS) employer must go through regarding hiring FWS-eligible students.
For each Federal Work-Study (FWS) student hired, a Federal Work Study Student Job Description Form must be turned in with the student's Payroll Authorization Form (PAF) before the PAF may be processed. In order to expedite the processing of this PAF, please be sure to turn in the Job Description Form with the PAF.
- Guidelines for Supervisors of Student Employees
Student Employment Services in the Division of Financial Aid offers a variety of free services to bring eligible student employees together with on and off-campus employers. The Student Employee Supervisors Guidelines are intended to help supervisors of student employees understand Purdue University policies, departmental procedures, and to consider best practices related to the employment of student workers.
Our office hopes that all supervisors will find these guidelines informative and useful in answering their questions about employing student workers.