Jump to other news and events
Purdue signature

A-Z Index            


Citizenship Requirements

For federal, state of Indiana, and Purdue need-based aid eligibility, a student must be a U.S. citizen or "eligible" non-citizen.

For a non-citizen to be eligible for financial aid consideration, the student must possess a valid Alien Registration Card I-551 or I-151, be classified as a conditional permanent resident with a valid I-151C Registration Card, or have a passport or I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) showing one of the following designations:

  • Refugee
  • Asylum Granted
  • Indefinite parole and/or Humanitarian Parole
  • Cuban-Haitian Entrant

If you have any questions concerning your citizenship status, you should contact the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.