Jump to other news and events
Purdue signature

A-Z Index            


Military Aid Information

ROTC Programs

Various aid programs are offered by the armed forces, including the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC). ROTC offers scholarships to students showing academic merit. Non-scholarship programs that pay a monthly stipend also are available. To find out more about Air Force, Navy, and Army ROTC programs that are available at Purdue, follow the appropriate link below.

Other part-time military service is available in the National Guard, and in the Army, Navy, Marine, and Air Force reserves. In exchange for service on weekends and a couple of weeks during the summer, students can receive tuition benefits, repayment of portions of their federal student loans, and full-time employment during summer breaks. This is in addition to pay received for part-time service.








If you have served in the armed forces you may be eligible for veterans' benefits. For more information about military benefits, contact a recruiter or visit www.gibill.va.gov. Remember, however, that the different branches of the military offer different types of aid and require different types of commitments. At Purdue, the Office of the Registrar certifies enrollment for veterans' benefits.

Military Veteran Students

Eligible students may receive federal financial aid, including low-interest student loans, in addition to veteran's benefits by completing the FAFSA on an annual basis. Receipt of veteran's benefits does not disqualify eligible students from receiving federal aid.

Miltary Activation Information

For those Purdue students who are called to active duty while enrolled in the university, the following information may be found useful:

  • The Office of the Registrar is the first point of contact regarding withdrawal procedures for Purdue students called to active duty.
  • The Bursar's Office maintains information regarding tuition, fees, and financial aid refund policies for Purdue students who have been called to active duty.
  • For student loan repayment/deferment questions, we recommend that affected students contact their lender/servicer.