2013 Summer Financial Aid
West Lafayette and College of Technology Statewide Locations
All students interested in receiving summer financial aid need to complete the Summer Aid Application. The Summer Aid Application will be available on your myPurdue under the Financial Tab beginning late March. Once the application is available, log into your myPurdue to complete and submit your Summer Aid Application with your intended 2013 summer enrollment.
Summer financial aid notifications will begin approximately April 1st. Once your application has been successfully submitted, it could take two to three weeks to receive a Financial Aid award. Please monitor your myPurdue for updates.
Seniors in Veterinary Medicine and Doctor of Pharmacy are not required to complete the summer aid application.
- At least half-time summer enrollment is required for most types of aid (other than Pell Grant and Child of Disabled Veteran Fee Remission), including Perkins loan, Purdue loan, Work Study, and Stafford/PLUS loans.
- For undergraduates, full-time enrollment is 12 hours or more; 6 credits hours for half-time.
- For graduate students, full-time enrollment is 8 credit hours or more; 4 credit hours for half-time.
- Private loans may be available to students enrolled less than half-time.
All students must have the following documents on file before summer aid can be processed:
- A 2012-13 FAFSA unless only private loan will be used. The federal processor must receive your 2012-13 FAFSA no later than June 30, 2013.
- Any documents required to complete your 2012-13 FAFSA file. The Division of Financial aid will notify you of any necessary documents, such as a student tax return or parent tax return. Do NOT submit information unless requested to do so by our office.
- The 2013 Summer Financial Aid Application (available late March).
***Other Important Information***
- You must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.