CRCS hosts visiting scholars (faculty or Ph.D. candidates) interested in the social scientific study of religion. The visiting scholar is expected to audit some courses at Purdue University, engage in scholarly research and writing, give one or more lectures at Purdue, and seek opportunities to exchange with other scholars in the study of religion and/or participate in the annual meetings of the Association for the Sociology of Religion and the Society for the Scientific Study of Religion.
To apply, please send
(1) Your application letter (in English), which should include your plan of study, research and writing for the period of visit at Purdue, an explanation about how the visit may be helpful in your career development, and information of scholars who will write recommendation letters for you, including their affiliation, position, and contact information (email address, phone numbers, and postal address).
(2) Curriculum vitae (a Chinese version and an English version);
(3) One or two research articles on religion (either in English or in Chinese);
(4) Two recommendation letters (either in English or in Chinese, which should be sent by the scholars directly to the address below).
(5) Evidence of English proficiency.
Applications and questions should be sent to email@example.com or
Dr. Fenggang Yang
Center on Religion and Chinese Society
700 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907