Community Relations Initiatives
The Office of Community Relations works with community leaders in Lafayette-West Lafayette to strengthen the connections between the University and the community. These partnerships include representing Purdue on a variety of community boards and leadership groups, facilitating community service programs and administering the Exemplary Community Partner Award program.
What our partnerships accomplish:
- Enhanced relationships between Purdue and the Lafayette-West Lafayette community.
- Greater opportunities for Purdue faculty, staff and students to volunteer in the community.
- Greater access to Purdue's expert faculty and resources for businesses and organizations.
- A richer, more vibrant community for citizens of Lafayette-West Lafayette.
Our initiatives include:
- Read to Succeed — a volunteer program that aims to assist the local schools' efforts to have all students reading at grade level by third grade.
- Exemplary Community Partner Award — an award to show the University’s appreciation of local agencies.
- Student Civic Engagement and Leadership Development — a resource for students to connect with meaningful opportunities to be leaders for positive change.
- Purdue Half-Marathon — a race to benefit the community.
- Good to Great — a program to help enhance the quality of life in Lafayette-West Lafayette.
- PALS — a free camp for area youth.
- Community Activity Recognition Awards — awards to recognize students who provide extraordinary service to Lafayette-West Lafayette.