Candidate Status

In order to be eligible to receive a degree at the end of the current academic session, you should have a candidate course (CAND) in your registration. If you are an undergraduate, check with your academic advisor, or the candidate coordinator, in your college/school's academic advising office to determine whether your name is on the candidate list. If you are a graduate student, check with your major professor. Each candidate is expected to attend the commencement ceremony following the session the degree is awarded. The only exception is if a previous candidate would like to participate in a subsequent ceremony after graduation. In this case, a written request must be submitted to prior to the start of the term the candidate is wanting to participate. Students cannot be added to the candidate list for the sole purpose of participating in commencement.

If you do not qualify for your degree due to a failing or incomplete grade, it may be necessary for you to register for a subsequent term in order to complete your degree requirements.

Final Candidate Status

Questions concerning your final status as a candidate should be directed to your college/school advising office.

Final Grades

Grades will be available on myPurdue the Wednesday before graduation for spring graduates and the Wednesday after graduation for summer and winter graduates.

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Office of Registrar

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the Office of the Registrar at