Problem-Based Learning Group (PBL)
In 1999, a problem-based learning (PBL) group was formally recognized as the first-ever affiliate of the Center for Instructional Excellence. The mission of the PBL group is to facilitate critical thinking and problem solving through problem-based learning in institutional settings. The volunteer group is comprised of faculty from the various schools on the West Lafayette campus.
The PBL Initiative will facilitate critical thinking and problem solving through Problem-Based Learning in instructional settings. The mission will be accomplished by:
- Aligning ourselves formally with the Center for Instructional Excellence.
- Sharing information about PBL with educators, administrators, and trainers.
- Facilitating professional development within PBL group.
- Creating a trusting and supportive environment among colleagues through shared mentoring.
- Providing a testing ground for development of instructional materials for problem-based learning.