To learn more about Service-Learning at Purdue University visit our Service-Learning Website
Service-Learning, a subset of service-engagement, is a course-based, credit-bearing educational experience in which students:
- Participate in an organized service activity that meets identified community needs;
- Use knowledge and skills directly related to a course or discipline; and
- Reflect on the service activity in such a way as to gain
- further understanding of course content,
- a broader appreciation of the discipline, and
- an enhanced sense of personal values and civic responsibility.