- Best Practices in Electronic Portfolios.
While the content refers to composition, most suggestions are valid for any portfolio use
- Electronic Portfolios, a chapter from Educational Technology; An Encyclopedia (2001). Describes different kinds of portfolio systems and uses, including the different types of assessment for which they can be used
- Electronic Portfolios: Students, Teachers, and Life Long Learners-Teacher Tap, Professional Development Resources for Educators and Librarians
- Sample electronic teaching portfolios - Duke University Center for Instructional Technology
- Putting It All Together: The Teaching Portfolio - Stanford University Center for Teaching and Learning