College of Technology
Product Lifecycle Management Minor
The mission of the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) minor is to expose majors outside the department to manufacturing graphics expertise in their chosen academic major and subject specializations. Students who complete the minor will gain applied knowledge in current and emerging graphics theories and computer graphics technologies associated with the design, documentation, and manufacture and support of products and related services. Only students pursuing four-year degrees are eligible to enroll in the minor.
The minor in Product Lifecycle Management is open only to the following majors:
- Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineering (AAE)
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering (ABE)
- Aviation Technology (AT)
- Industrial Design (ID)
- Industrial Engineering (IE)
- Industrial Management
- Industrial Technology (IT)
- Interdisciplinary Engineering (IDE)
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology (MFET)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET)
Additional InformationOther courses outside of PLM offered by the Department of Computer Graphics Technology will not be available for enrollment by non-computer graphics technology majors who are accepted in the computer graphics technology PLM minor.
Prerequisite Course (3 credit hours)One of the following courses is required before enrolling in CGT 22600:
- CGT 11000, 11600, 16300; CG T 16400; or an approved substitution.
- The course must be taken for a grade.
- A grade of “C-“ or better is required.
Required Courses (12 credit hours)
All courses in the minor must be taken for a grade. A grade of “C-“ or better is required in all classes. Select three of the following:
(3) CGT 22600 (Introduction to Constraint-Based Modeling)
(3) CGT 32600 (Graphic Standards for Product Definition)
(3) CGT 42300 (Product Data Management)
(3) CGT 42600 (Industry Applications of Simulation and Visualization)