Krannert School of Management
Management: Suggested Plan
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|(4)||ENGL 10600 (First-Year Composition)||(3)||COM 11400 (Fundamentals of Speech Communication)*|
|(3)||MA 15300 (Algebra and Trigonometry I)||(3)||MA 22300 (Introductory Analysis I)|
|(1)||MGMT 10000 (Management Lectures I)||(3)||Natural science elective|
|(3)||Natural science elective||(3)||World history elective|
|(3)||Psychology or sociology elective||(3)||General elective|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|(3)||CS 23500 (Introduction to Organizational Computing)||(3)||ECON 25200 (Macroeconomics)|
|(3)||ECON 25100 (Microeconomics)||(3)||MGMT 20100 (Management Accounting I)|
|(3)||MA 22400 (Introductory Analysis II)||(3)||STAT 22500 (Introduction to Probability Models)|
|(3)||MGMT 20000 (Introductory Accounting)||(3)||International elective|
|(3)||Fine arts elective||(3)||Literature elective|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|(1)||MGMT 30100 (Management Career Lectures)||(3)||ENGL 42000 (Business Writing)|
|(3)||MGMT 30500 (Business Statistics)||(3)||MGMT 30600 (Management Science)|
|(3)||MGMT 31000 (Financial Management)||(3)||MGMT 35400 (Legal Foundations of Business I)|
|(3)||MGMT 32400 (Marketing Management)||(3)||Professional elective|
|(3)||MGMT 38200 (Management Information Systems)||(3)||General elective/concentration|
|(3)||OBHR 33000 (Introduction to Organizational Behavior)||(3)||General elective/concentration|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|(3)||ECON 41900 (Managerial Economics)||(1)||MGMT 40100 (Krannert Executive Forum)|
|(3)||MGMT 36100 (Operations Management)||(3)||MGMT 45100 (Strategic Management)|
|(3)||International elective||(3)||OBHR 42800 (Human Resource Management)|
|(3)||Professional elective||(3)||General elective/concentration|
|(3)||General elective/concentration||(3)||General elective/concentration|
Management Admissions Index (MAI)
- To be automatically admitted into Upper Management Division, you must have completed all courses in the MAI and have at least a 3.00 MAI GPA and a 2.50 cumulative GPA, have a "C" or higher in all MAI and School of Management courses and may not be on probation.
- MAI courses, or their equivalents, may only be enrolled in two times for a grade.
- A maximum of three MAI courses may be retaken.
- Math courses numbered below your highest level of recorded achievement may not be retaken.
- School of Management, MAI, concentration and minor courses in which you receive an "F" can only be retaken at Purdue University, West Lafayette.
- Previous enrollments in MA 16100, 16200, 16500 and 16600 do not count against the retake policy if a Change Of Degree Objective occurs.
The following concentrations are available, but not required, for management majors: accounting, analytical consulting, economics, finance, international business, management information systems, marketing, operations management, organizational behavior/human resources and strategic management.
- MGMT, OBHR and ECON courses numbered 30000 or higher can only be taken after being admitted to upper division.
- MGMT, OBHR and ECON courses cannot be taken online or by correspondence.
- Transfer credit for upper-level MGMT, OBHR and ECON courses will only be considered if taken at a four-year AACSB-accredited school (www.aacsb.edu).
- Courses taken on approved Purdue study abroad programs may be used to satisfy general education, major and concentration requirements. In some cases, courses that must be taken at Purdue, West Lafayette, may also be approved as part of a study abroad program. Schedule an appointment with your advisor to discuss study abroad opportunities.
- Minors outside of the School of Management also are available.