Krannert School of Management
Certificate of Advanced Accountancy: Suggested Plan
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|(4)||ENGL 10600 (First-Year Composition)||(3)||COM 11400 (Fundamentals of Speech Communication)|
|(3)||MA 15300 (Algebra and Trigonometry I)||(3)||MA 22300 (Introductory Analysis I)|
|(1)||MGMT 10000 (Management Lectures I)||(3)||Natural science elective|
|(3)||Natural science elective||(3)||World history elective|
|(3)||Psychology or sociology elective||(3)||General elective|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|(3)||CS 23500 (Introduction to Organizational Computing)||(3)||ECON 25200 (Macroeconomics)|
|(3)||ECON 25100 (Microeconomics)||(3)||ENGL 42000 (Business Writing)|
|(3)||MA 22400 (Introductory Analysis II)||(3)||MGMT 20100 (Management Accounting I)|
|(3)||MGMT 20000 (Introductory Accounting)||(3)||STAT 22500 (Introduction to Probability Models)|
|(3)||Fine arts or literature elective||(3)||International elective|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|(1)||MGMT 30100 (Management Career Lectures)||(3)||ECON 41900 (Managerial Economics)|
|(3)||MGMT 30500 (Business Statistics)||(3)||MGMT 30600 (Management Science)|
|(3)||MGMT 31000 (Financial Management)
||(3)||MGMT 35100 (Intermediate Accounting II)|
|(3)||MGMT 32400 (Marketing Management)||(3)||MGMT 38200 (Management Information Systems)|
|(3)||MGMT 35000 (Intermediate Accounting I)||(3)||OBHR 33000 (Introduction to Organizational Behavior)
|(3)||MGMT 35400 (Legal Foundations of Business I)||(3)||General elective|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|(3)||MGMT 36100 (Operations Management)||(3)||MGMT 45100 (Strategic Management)|
|(1)||MGMT 40100 (Krannert Executive Forum)
||(3)||MGMT 50600 (Auditing)|
|(3)||MGMT 50300 (Advanced Accounting)||(3)||International elective|
|(3)||MGMT 50400 (Tax Accounting)||(3)||List A elective|
|(3)||OBHR 42800 (Human Resource Management)||(3)||General elective|
|Ninth Semester||Tenth Semester|
|(3)||MGMT 50500 (Management Accounting II)||(3)||Accounting certificate elective|
|(3)||Accounting certificate elective||(3)||Accounting certificate elective|
|(3)||Accounting certificate elective||(3)||List A elective|
|(3)||List B elective||(3)||List B elective|
Management Admissions Index (MAI)
- To be automatically admitted into Upper Management Division, you must have completed all courses in the MAI with at least a 3.00 MAI GPA and a 2.50 cumulative GPA, have a "C" or higher in all MAI and School of Management courses and may not be on probation.
- MAI courses, or their equivalents, may only be enrolled in two times for a grade.
- A maximum of three MAI courses may be retaken.
- Math courses numbered below your highest level of recorded achievement may not be retaken.
- School of Management, MAI, concentration and minor courses in which you receive an "F" can only be retaken at Purdue University, West Lafayette.
- Previous enrollments in MA 1610, 16200, 65000 and 16600 do not count against the retake policy if a Change Of Degree Objective occurs.
Accounting Certificate Electives
- Accounting Electives ?MGMT 50700, 50900, 53100, 59000A, 59000O, 59000N.
- 150-Hour Certificate List A Electives ?MGMT 41100, 41300, 41500, 45900, 49000C; ECON 36100, 37000, 37100, 38000, 38500, 45100, 46100, 47100.
- 150-Hour Certificate List B Electives ?COM 31400, 31800, 32500; OLS 27400; PHIL 11100, 12000, 15000; POLS 10100; SOC 31200.
- You may enroll for three accounting electives in any semester by: (a) taking an additional course, (b) accelerating a List A or List B elective to an earlier semester, or (c) deferring a List A or List B elective to a later semester.
- You may take List A or List B electives prior to the fifth year but may not count those courses as List A or List B 150-hour certificate electives if those courses are used to meet requirements of the 124-credit-hour accounting undergraduate plan of study.
- If you take a fourth-year spring internship and want to graduate at the end of the fifth-year summer session, you must plan ahead so that the courses you need to take to complete requirements of both the 124-credit-hour accounting plan of study and the 150-credit-hour certificate plan of study will be available in the fifth-year summer session.
- MGMT, OBHR and ECON courses numbered 30000 or higher can only be taken after you are admitted to Upper Management Division.
- MGMT, OBHR and ECON courses cannot be taken online or by correspondence.
- Transfer credit for upper-level MGMT, OBHR and ECON courses will only be considered if taken at a four-year, AACSB-accredited school (www.aacsb.edu).
- Courses taken on approved Purdue study abroad programs may be used to satisfy general education, major and concentration requirements. In some cases, courses that must be taken at Purdue, West Lafayette, may also be approved as part of a study abroad program. Schedule an appointment with your advisor to discuss study abroad opportunities.
- Minors outside of the School of Management also are available.