Jump to main page content
Purdue signature

College of Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Preparation for Graduate Study

The School of Mechanical Engineering also offers graduate work leading to the degrees of Master of Science (M.S.), for students with non-engineering degrees; Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E), for students with nonmechanical engineering degrees; Master of Science in mechanical engineering (M.S.ME), for students with B.S.ME degrees; and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).

The regular undergraduate curriculum (and the honors undergraduate program) provide a strong foundation for graduate study, and students who complete either of the programs with appropriate academic records are encouraged to pursue graduate work. Many graduates have continued their education by pursuing advanced studies in engineering, business, law, medicine, dentistry and public policy.

For answers to your questions about graduate study, visit the Mechanical Engineering Graduate Office in the Mechanical Engineering Building, Room 1003, call 765-494-5730, email megrad@ecn.purdue.eduor visit the ME website.