Pre-Doctoral Practicum Training at CAPS
Pre-Doctoral Practicum Training
Our practicum training program provides an academic year of supervised training for masters and doctoral level students. CAPS accepts three practicum trainees per year. Practicum trainees have the opportunity to develop their therapeutic skills, may process observe a therapy group, and participate in case conference and staff meetings. Practicum trainees may also have the opportunity to provide outreach programming to the university student community.
Eligibility and Qualifications
Candidates for the CAPS Practicum must be actively pursuing one of the following degrees in an accredited academic program:
- Degree of Ph.D./Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
- Degree of M.A. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
Interested candidates should submit:
- Completed application form (Practicum Placement Application).
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Certification of Eligibility for practicum from Graduate Training Director/Coordinator (Pages 4-5 of the Practicum Placement Application).
The documents above fillable forms and are also downloadable in .pdf format. If you do not have Acrobat Reader for .pdf files, you can download it HERE for free.
Application forms should be submitted during the Spring semester. Once an application is received, the applicant will be contacted to schedule an onsite or telephone interview with the CAPS Staff. Interviews typically take one hour. An interview is required for placement in the CAPS Practica.
Send Application Materials by March 14, 2014 to:
Colleen Maguire Jackson, Ph.D., HSPP
Interim Training Coordinator
Counseling And Psychological Services
703 Third Street, Rm 1120
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2081
(765) 494-6995 Fax: (765) 496-3004