Group therapy provides exciting opportunities for growth and development.
Confidentiality is discussed in all groups.
- An open, trusting, and safe environment
- Hope, genuineness, caring, and support
- A place to feel accepted and connected
- The opportunity to learn about one’s self and different ways of relating to people
Group Categories and Focus
1. Process Groups
- share experiences with other CAPS clients
- give and receive support and feedback
- experiment with new interpersonal behaviors
- talk about in-group, peer-to-peer interactions
A group orientation must be completed prior to beginning a process group
2. Support Groups
Students who share similar issues can:
- talk with peers
- give and receive support
- learn new ways of interacting with others
3. Psycho-educational Groups
- focus on education and learning
- increase knowledge of resources
- build coping skills
To obtain more detailed information regarding the types of groups available please view our Group Listings and Times page or call (765) 494-6995.