Eating Disorder Awareness Week Information
National Eating Disorders Awareness Week is February 27 – March 2, 2013
This year's theme, "Everybody Knows Somebody," recognizes the fact that awareness of eating disorders is spreading and early intervention is critical. Resident Assistants can visit the Student Wellness Office website to obtain various resources, such as a downloadable “Body Image” bulletin board kit and a handout titled “What Should I Say?”.
The Purdue Eating Disorders Treatment Team is coordinating several events during the week:
- Killing Us Softly 4: A movie by Jean Kilbourne about advertising’s images of women, with discussion groups following.
- Tuesday, February 26, 7:00 – 9:00 pm, CoRec Feature Gym.
- No advance registration is necessary.
- Food as Fuel: Mediterranean Meals - Learn about the health benefits of a Mediterranean diet, how food can fuel your body, and how to prepare nutrient-dense “super foods” to enhance your health and well-being.
- Wednesday, February 27, 7:00 – 8:00 pm, CoRec Demonstration Kitchen
- Sign-up in advance at the CoRec Member Services desk or call (765) 494-3110.