Solutions Group for students with ADHD
This group is designed specifically for Purdue University students diagnosed with ADHD and is co-sponsored by CAPS and ODOS.
Each group member identifies individual goals.
- Change is facilitated through the interaction between the coaches and the group members.
- Group members hold one another accountable provide support, and problem-solve collaboratively.
- You are expected to commit to attending at least 5 group meetings during the course of the semester.
How do I begin?
- You are asked to come to an orientation session prior to your first group meeting.
- An appointment is required, and may be scheduled with Don Werden at (765) 494-6995.
- This meeting will facilitate:
- Establishment of the coaching relationship.
- The coaches' ability to learn some history around your diagnosis.
- Establishment of goals.
- Orientation to the group process and expectations.
Group Meeting Times
- Mondays from 4:00 to 5:00 pm during fall and spring semesters of the academic year.
- Tuesdays from 3:00 to 4:00 pm during fall and spring semesters of the academic year.
One-on-One Solutions for students with ADHD
This option is available on a limited basis when the student's schedule does not allow for participation in group.
At CAPS, individual coaching is defined as a working relationship in which the coach helps you identify and reach short-term academic goals that you are committed to working on. If it is determined that you are eligible for individual coaching and an opening is available:
The coach will help you act on your goals and be working with you to:
- Clearly define and prioritize realistic goals.
- Anticipate roadblocks that might stand in your way.
- Develop ways to address these roadblocks.
- Create a reminder system you can use between sessions.
How do I begin?
- Call CAPS at (765) 494-6995 for a 30-minute consultation appointment with Don Werden, Ph.D., HSPP.
- A Designed Alliance is developed and a Coaching Agreement is signed.