Violet Haas Award
History of the Award
The Violet Haas Award was established in 1990 by the Council on the Status of Women (CSW), an organization that sought to provide a voice for all women at Purdue University. In 2011, CSW disbanded and passed the legacy of the Violet Haas award on to the Butler Center, so that Purdue may continue to honor those working to support women in higher education.
Violet Haas Award Criteria
• Breadth and impact of nominee’s accomplishments within and beyond the responsibilities of his/her position.
• Nominee's noteworthy efforts on behalf of women faculty, staff, and/or students at Purdue.
• Nominee's noteworthy efforts on behalf of women outside of Purdue (if applicable).
• Nominee's length of service at Purdue and time period of accomplishments.
Violet Haas Award Nomination Guidelines
• Nomination letter may be up to three pages in length.
• Maximum of two letters of support, beyond the nomination letter.
• Include nominee's cv/resume, condensed to two pages in length, highlighting accomplishments and efforts meeting the award criteria.
Susan Bulkeley Butler Center for Leadership Excellence
Ernest C. Young Hall, Room 1045 | 155 S. Grant Street | West Lafayette, IN 47907
Phone: 765.494.9879 | Fax: 765.496.1295 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org